Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New software update due this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
suggest an update thread be made sticky.

Any review of AP can only be a good thing. I think ver 8 broke it.
Is this part of the AP2 rollout, you would think so from the tweets?
upload_2017-1-10_8-49-43.png

Interesting…almost certainly not related to the update and may have always been the case but this afternoon I noticed, in a 80 km/h zone, the dashboard indicated 30 km/h as always yet I was on Autopilot driving at 80 km/h without restriction. Given the strict speed limits whilst on AP, the indication was 30 km/h, the system must indeed recognise the 80 km/h zone.

The car does not change speed automatically according to the detected road sign. If you pulled and held the AP stalk to reset to detected speed, the car would have reset to 30 and slowed. It has always been thus.
I got 2.52.22 as well and simply seems to have corrected the bugs in the immediately preceding update.

The car does not change speed automatically according to the detected road sign. If you pulled and held the AP stalk to reset to detected speed, the car would have reset to 30 and slowed. It has always been thus...

I should have been more clear. I went from a 50 km/h zone into a 80 km/h zone not on AP. The display indicated a 30 km/h zone. I activated AP and it accelerated to 80 km/h. No AP restriction to indicated 30 km/h speed limit. Previous speed setting was 100 km/h. Obviously it doesn’t automatically adjust to detected speed signs, I’m guessing because it has trouble getting them 100% correct.

AP 30.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: baillies