TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

New supercharger at Springfield town center

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by zambono, Apr 17, 2018.

1. mrjwen

mrjwen VA: PLUGS IN

@Half Dollar Bill - I like that idea and I'm also hearing several people who will be at the Mid-Atlantic event don't want to miss out the Springfield ribbon cutting. With that, and allowing more time for people to plan to attend, let's go with Sunday, 7/1 at 11am and lunch at 11:30am at Yard House. - Also, @Half Dollar Bill , you're the of master of ribbon cutting ceremonies, so you gotta be there!

• Like x 1
  2. Lanny

Lanny ~

C60B052B-E93D-4497-BD85-DDC4F95A4FFB.jpeg
    On the Tesla “Find Us” page now.

• Like x 6
    • Informative x 1
  3. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

I stopped at the Gaithersburg, MD supercharger around noon today. First visit; don't like it.

Anyway, there was a Tesla technician who pulled up and began working to replace one of the connector cables. He said he was doing some other work at Gaithersburg as well. He said yes, he'd turned on the Springfield Town Center site last night. Nice guy.

He normally works in the New England Area, and said there are a lot of new Superchargers that will open in the coming months up there. He also said he'd heard new site work would be slowing down in the third quarter, but would quickly speed up in the fourth quarter.

He knew nada about a Frederick, MD Supercharger.

4. SpudLime

SpudLime Active Member

Why didnt you like the Gaithersburg site?

5. DayLorean

DayLorean Member

July 1 works for me

6. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

You have to first find it in the parking garage. Not too hard, since you can see the lighted pedestals from the street. But then I had wait while traffic cleared so I had room to swing wide and ease my Model X head first through a tight gap between two charge pedestals. It’s a tight fit. Way better for a Model 3.

7. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

No go for July 1.

8. mservice

mservice Member

The way this is looking, and considering other forms has anyone considered letting the mall know that, if all show up at the same time, there could be a pretty good crowd. We wouldn’t want the mall security freaking out.

9. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

July 1st is ideal for me, as I’ll be out of town next week. Of course, I don’t even have a Tesla yet, so don’t make plans around me, but it would be nice to meet everyone. I’ll bring the Fiat 500e and maybe the Cadillac ELR, as well.

I’m at the site now while I wait for my car to charge in the garage. It’s totally dead here... not a single car charging. The mall is quite busy, however. PlugShare still lists the site as “coming soon.”

10. Damien Sandow

Damien Sandow Member

For where it is located the pull in is so much nicer than having to back in. In theory the stalls could be moved a few feet closer to the wall to make it a hair easier to pull into, but it works. Folks behind you aren't trained for people to back into parking spots in a garage. Also, I love the location in terms of having a target, dicks, and a book store.

11. Reddy Kilowatt

+1 it is hard to pull into the spots with the chargers out by the lanes. I've been there twice this month. I have a project around the corner so I hope to use it more.

Kinda dark in the garage compared to the outdoor sites.

I get a sample set tomorrow, I'm gonna hit the road and head to Ohio for a meeting. stopping in Breezwood, Pittsburg, colubus area then on the way back Hagerstown. Any issues to warn me about?

12. Nilnoc

Nilnoc Member

I suppose as a mall destination charger Gaithersburg works. But I’m more of a pull into a 24-hour Sheetz or Wawa and let me back in, plug in, take a leak, get just enough juice to arrive with ten pct SoC at my next supercharger and be gone kinda guy.

• Like x 1
  13. Zmsp

Zmsp New Member

It's live and it has power!

14. mrjwen

mrjwen VA: PLUGS IN

• Like x 1
  15. Big Earl

BC55C442-14B5-4357-809A-45BA9AC4F1F0.jpeg I drove through this evening and the mall parking lots were completely packed. There were three Model S charging and no problems with ICEing. The general public seemed to be very interested in the site, with a couple of teenagers getting a kick out of the license plates.

• Like x 3
  16. Lanny

Lanny ~

Springfield showed up on the Navigation this morning.

If you don’t see it on your screen yet, try the “two-thumb salute” reboot.

6F38F03F-F4C3-4582-99A4-443C7B704502.jpeg

• Like x 4
  17. Lanny

Lanny ~

Saturday morning Supercharging at Springfield. Best part is we got to meet @Big Earl :)

AC48C489-7139-4A31-B517-49C773A8B65D.jpeg

• Like x 7
  18. Big Earl

It was great meeting you all! Sorry I couldn't stick around longer... work calls. :)

• Like x 2
    • Informative x 1
  19. zambono

zambono Active Member

LIVE on maps

20. Damien Sandow

Damien Sandow Member

Mine is the far white one. I ran quickly after getting some lunch in the mall and was back to work for a bit! I gave you all a honk on the way out and a wave. The Cadillac EV seemed interested in what was going on :D

• Like x 2