Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Both still show. Go to location to see super chargers. Charging still shows what current amps are but I’m not sure on volts. Mine isn’t currently plugged in.
it shows amps, but not volts. Was a nice way to check voltage sag if you were plugged into somewhere you usually aren't.
location does show chargers on the map, but certainly not like the quick view the old app had of the 4 nearest.

Reactions: iamnid
On the previous app, I could handily share a contact or map address from my iPhone to the Tesla app and it would go directly to nav in the car. The Tesla app no longer shows up as an app target. I deleted and reloaded the new app, no luck. Any ideas?

On the previous app, I could handily share a contact or map address from my iPhone to the Tesla app and it would go directly to nav in the car. The Tesla app no longer shows up as an app target. I deleted and reloaded the new app, no luck. Any ideas?
Sharing a map destination (from Google Maps on iPhone) with Tesla still works for me. Make sure the Tesla app is open on your device, and then see if Tesla logo shows up.

You also can just go into the app store on your device. Click on your account where it shows you the of your app update history and if any updates are available. If you don't see it queued, you can just do a pull down on the screen, which will force your phone to go check the app store for all the latest versions. I did that on my devices and up popped several apps with updates available, including the Tesla app.

I'm pretty much in the 'ok, big deal' camp on the update. The only new feature that I see, although you have to dig to find it, is the ability to see your full supercharging history. That includes if your someone like me that still have free unlimited supercharging on their car. I can see my history all the way back to Jan 2017. Doesn't appear to have any of my history from the second half of 2016 (purchased my MS90D end of June 2016).
Where did your found the full supercharging history on the Tesla apps ? Thanks for your answer.

I found version 3 of the Android app in read-only mode this bank-holiday weekend. However, loading version 4 (Saturday’s build) via APKMirror restores most functionality. Likely a server/network regression in the older network comms or a deliberate action by them.
In the Energy part of the app, we've been seeing issues when running multiple versions of the mobile app on different devices. For example, if you have Balanced set for Time based control in v 3.x, installing version 4.0 will update it to Cost Saving instead (since there is no longer any Balanced option in v 4.0) and change how Powerwalls are charged/discharged. It's annoying as the functionality we've been used to for the past 3 years is no longer available.

Today, Tesla updated their iOS app with a major re-design of the entire app interface! Attached is a screenshot of the new home screen. You can go ahead and download the app via the App Store and experience it for yourself. There are new animations, controls, and a re-designed interface for almost every single aspect of the app experience. View attachment 701453
As of this morning, on my iPhone 12, the app store still shows only the old version of the Tesla App. Has anybody else found it there?

After a few days of use, I find this update bad. I can see nothing new from the old one (please let me know what is useful to you). I don't care about animations really.
Also, there is a problem with custom size fonts in iOS. Most of the menus look very bad and/or unusable.

I am surprised by this piece from Tesla.