Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla APP 4.x. Released for iOS and Android

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
no display of kw charging rate on superchargers anymore.. it only states mi/hr, which is really meaningless to determine if the charge rate is appropriate.
wish they would just clone the charging screen from the in dash screen and put in on the app.. allowing the ability to set amps, scheduled charging rate, etc.. Would be slick to have the same interface on a mobile device.

Thanks, I'll keep my money and the existing one until it's better 😁 I might try it on my 2d phone that the app is used just to monitor my panels but thanks for the heads up.
Only reason I don't go to 12 beta is too many apps aren't updated yet and will either fc or not function properly. I need to have my banking app, Mario Kart 😆 and Tesla app functioning 100%. Can't do that on A12 beta. Less than a month to go until it's properly released anyway.

Only reason I don't go to 12 beta is too many apps aren't updated yet and will either fc or not function properly. I need to have my banking app, Mario Kart 😆 and Tesla app functioning 100%. Can't do that on A12 beta. Less than a month to go until it's properly released anyway.
I've had zero problems with MKT or any version of the Tesla app and I've been using Android 12 since beta 2. In fact, I haven't had a single issue with any apps on 12, unlike betas for previous versions of Android.

And why the frunk, instead of trunk, which I open about 100x as much.
... because... surely the Tesla engineers behind this and other questionable UI decisions over the years only just see the results of their work sitting behind their monitors at their desks, and never by actually driving a Tesla or using the app in real-world situation. UI decisions seem too often based on what looks cool, vs what makes things more useable for the driver. I'm convinced this is true.

I use 2 of those and had some problems with beta 2. We're in 4.1 and it's not giving me any problems.

Yep, the “modern” IOS widgets have been read only sine they were introduced in IOS 14. I was hoping Apple would fixed this in IOS 15, they haven’t
Is there something that has to be enabled to see the widget in the list of widgets available to add to homescreen? I downloaded the update but for some reason not seeing Tesla as an option…
I had to delete and re-install the new app to be able to see the new widget (iPhone 12 Pro Max)