Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla owner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
thanks. What’s one of these ?
Also is there any way to get Tesla supercharger time ?
They have stopped it on new cars now so I didn’t get.
An RFID card for the ESB network in Ireland. They seem to be everywhere and the rates aren’t too bad but not as cheap as a supercharger.

you keep a payment card logged in your Tesla account and just turn up at the Superchargers and plug in, you’re billed immediately after unplugging.

Not sure I have your confidence for the sake of saving £11 (or £33 without the customs charge) on something pretty important for safety. AliExpress is great for many things but an electrical safety item?
To be clear it is the same product, the UK seller is just reselling the stock from their Shanghai parent. Their website confirms as much.

Reactions: Adopado
huh? What common charge points cannot be put outside?

I can't remember them all, but I did a lot of research before opting for the Podpoint. I think it was the Rolec chargers and the EO Mini Pro that cannot be installed externally, they are rated for splashproof, not for installation where rain can get at them. There are a few others that are the same, but I can't remember which.

Last edited:
I think it was the Rolec chargers and the EO Mini Pro that cannot be installed externally, they are rated for splashproof, not for installation where rain can get at them.

I just double checked the Rolec - especially since they are widely fitted outside and even Rolec show them on exteriors of property.

For both untethered and tethered smart units, the enclosure is IP65 (full dust protection and low pressure jets of water) and the socket is IP54 (partial dust protection and water spray from any angle). The multimode is full IP65, including the 13A socket, when closed.

For the smart units, only the untethered unit has power going to the socket when operating. With the tethered unit, the socket is a dummy holster.

A standard Type-2 is IP54 rated when in use, so neither of these units is any less weatherproof than the charge port on the car. Hence why you should not spray water at the charge connector when charging. I think many people would call IP54 'weatherproof'.

imho.

BS7671, Appendix 5, paraphrased:

AD2 = Free-falling drops IPX1 or IPX2

AD3 Sprays = IPX3
Water sprays up to 60% angle. = rain.

AD4 Splashes = IPX4

AD5 Jets = IPX5
Locations where hose water is used regularly (yards, car washing bays). Unless your charger is in a daft position and you wash your car everyday this probably isn’t required.

AD6 Waves = IPX6
Risk of waves hitting it anyone?

Has anyone got an Andersen installed?
My wife enquired and you need specific three point electricity supply which we don’t have.

Apparently as her parents have a pool their house has it.

Its such a nice design I really hate anything else no in comparison lol.
Anderson can be both single or 3 phase (7kw for Single phase and 22kw for 3 phase)

Says on there website :)

A2 Specs | Wall Mounted Electric Car Charge Point

down the page a little