Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Tesla Podcast: Introducing RIDE THE LIGHTNING!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I admit to being a noob on navigating around the Tesla OS, but you have mentioned that people can listen to Ride the Lightning on their Tesla, but I have not been able to do that. If I call up a web page with the show, it won't play. Probably related to the Tesla OS not playing videos, it probably won't play audio over the internet (except through the TuneIn or Slacker app) either. I tried finding the show on TuneIn, but the Tesla app has no search function. I found it searching the TuneIn webpage, but they don't have it listed as Ride the Lightning, they call it "The Unofficial Tesla Podcast" or something like that. You might want to get that corrected with TuneIn.

There are a number of Tesla podcasts cropping up, Tesla should create a category in the TuneIn app for it.

Anyway, how to other people listen to this show in their Tesla?

Reactions: markn455
I admit to being a noob on navigating around the Tesla OS, but you have mentioned that people can listen to Ride the Lightning on their Tesla, but I have not been able to do that. If I call up a web page with the show, it won't play. Probably related to the Tesla OS not playing videos, it probably won't play audio over the internet (except through the TuneIn or Slacker app) either. I tried finding the show on TuneIn, but the Tesla app has no search function. I found it searching the TuneIn webpage, but they don't have it listed as Ride the Lightning, they call it "The Unofficial Tesla Podcast" or something like that. You might want to get that corrected with TuneIn.

There are a number of Tesla podcasts cropping up, Tesla should create a category in the TuneIn app for it.

Anyway, how to other people listen to this show in their Tesla?

I am looking for the same thing. If we knew here it was in the list one might be able to find them. So far I have poked around and have not found this one or any of the other Tesla related podcasts.

Theoretically, you can create a Tune In account on another computer, add the show to your favorites, then go to the Application Settings in your Tesla and log into the account created. Unfortunately Tesla has had a bug for over a year that doesn't allow most people to log into Tune In from their car.

I contacted tech support about it and they kicked it to the Portland Service Center who just said the only thing they could do was put in a bug report on the log in and a feature request for the search capability. I would suggest contacting Tesla support with this issue and if they get enough complaints they may at least fix the bug.

I think they should also have a category on Tune In for Tesla related content. There are at least three Tesla podcasts I know of. Ryan's is, IMO the best in both presentation and quality of content, but Talking Tesla isn't bad either. The third one I did find on Tune In on the car's labyrinth of categories, but I thought it wasn't worth listening to again.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that getting my (and many other) podcasts on TuneIn is cumbersome and/or buggy. I've stopped giving the TuneIn plug for now because, as another caller noted on a recent episode, it's easier to just listen to my podcast using the car's Bluetooth pairing. :)

And @wdolson, thank you for the kind words -- I very much appreciate it!

Reactions: markn455
Enjoyed the latest show.

Wondering if Tesla can "game" the system here in Ontario so they can create a bundle offering with Tesla Model S + solar and make the base car cheaper when bundled with solar so the car qualifies for the $14K rebate vs the $3K it is limited to due to price >$75K.

Similarly, wondering if Tesla would sell the car for low cost bundled with solar in US, and make the solar cost bear most of the overall car+solar bundle. Then the solar part of the bundle would qualify for 30% solar tax break.

But then again, they are producing as many S as they can sell, so it's not like they need to do anything particularly special with respect to rebates and tax advantages, but the option is potentially there...

Ryan is very professional and does his research for the show. There are three Tesla podcasts I've found, this one, Talking Tesla, and a third one I only listened to once. Talking Tesla can be entertaining, but it's more of three EV enthusiasts shooting the breeze about EVs and Tesla specifically than substantive. If I only had time to listen to one podcast it would be Ride the Lightning.

Reactions: ryanjm