Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tyres at 60 000kms

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They've got the primacy 3 in stock @ a comparable price!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-04-25-19-24-59.png
    Screenshot_2017-04-25-19-24-59.png
    299 KB · Views: 120
Reactions: RichardMcN
I had my car serviced last week and they advised the rears in particular were now below 1.6mm on the inside.
So I made 60,900Km on my first set which I thought was pretty good.
I tried a few places and most couldn’t get the Michelin Premacy3ST as is recommended, even Tempe tyres were unable to get them and offered some cheap Khumo’s for $199 each but I looked them up online and they came second last in every published tyre test I could find. Good if you just want new tyres to resell on the car.
I ended up going with Jax Spinning Wheel Tyres in Waterloo for $1600 all up for 4 Premacy ST3’s including fitting, balancing and a full wheel alignment included. So not quite as cheap as QLD.
Took a while to do the alignment as they had to drop the shields at the back to get to the alignment nuts.
Had to wait a day for the tyres to come in and when they did Michelin sent 8, so they currently have stock for anyone needing new tyres.

I had my car serviced last week and they advised the rears in particular were now below 1.6mm on the inside.
So I made 60,900Km on my first set which I thought was pretty good.
I tried a few places and most couldn’t get the Michelin Premacy3ST as is recommended, even Tempe tyres were unable to get them and offered some cheap Khumo’s for $199 each but I looked them up online and they came second last in every published tyre test I could find. Good if you just want new tyres to resell on the car.
I ended up going with Jax Spinning Wheel Tyres in Waterloo for $1600 all up for 4 Premacy ST3’s including fitting, balancing and a full wheel alignment included. So not quite as cheap as QLD.
Took a while to do the alignment as they had to drop the shields at the back to get to the alignment nuts.
Had to wait a day for the tyres to come in and when they did Michelin sent 8, so they currently have stock for anyone needing new tyres.
Bob Jane did mine.

I asked about tyres at the Moorabin AP Costco. Mich Primary 3ST for $369. The run flats are $390. The Bridgestones are $367. Cant read writing ER33? Sounds all right to me. That tin can repair kit ruins your tyre. I carry a tubeless tyre repair kit & a compressor. One tool opens the hole the other feeds a plug with glue. In Vic this is supposedly verbotten. Everything which is not allowed is forbidden". I see nothing wrong with a roadside repair followed up by a garage fix.

I asked about tyres at the Moorabin AP Costco. Mich Primary 3ST for $369. The run flats are $390. The Bridgestones are $367. Cant read writing ER33? Sounds all right to me. That tin can repair kit ruins your tyre. I carry a tubeless tyre repair kit & a compressor. One tool opens the hole the other feeds a plug with glue. In Vic this is supposedly verbotten. Everything which is not allowed is forbidden". I see nothing wrong with a roadside repair followed up by a garage fix.

What sizes are those prices for?
That's a fairly solid repair kit to have with you, hopefully you never have to use it on your own car. The hole reaming tool is disturbing to use if you've never done it before!

On several occasions I’ve done this exact repair and then put another 40,000 km on the tyre. No problem.

Reactions: powerfactor