Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Wheels for MS -- 21" Sonic Carbon Twin Turbine

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am new to the forum and just placed my Model S order on Jan 12. I received an email from Tesla last Friday, Jan 19 that the 21" grey turbines on my confirmed order were being "upgraded" for free. The two pictures of the new wheels in the email don't provide much more detail than the configurator, but from what I have seen I do not care for the new wheels and would not have committed to a $4,500 option a week earlier if I had known the change was coming. This does not feel right and is a disappointment. I hope I can choose not to accept the "upgrade."

I Honestly feel as the exterior/interior refresh is coming!! Tesla did the same thing when they introduced the Slipstream wheels, then BOOM a refresh!!:p

Welp now it look's like all the wheels that are on any of my car's are now discontinued. My wife has the "Original" 19's on her car. My P85D has the Grey Turbine's and my P100D has the Silver Turbine's. But I still like the turbines that are on my car better, I mean those "New" wheels don't look bad but they can't replace the "Original" Turbine's IMO.:)

• Helpful
  • Love
Reactions: DIL and Olds442
To anyone that got this upgrade, did the change get reflected in your account? My car still says it is "confirmed and waiting production", but the email they sent out said the upgraded wheels would only be reflected when the car enters production. This changed since yesterday, when I was still being shown the turbine wheels in MyTesla account.

The change shows-up in my account in the picture of the car (twin turbine "antler" wheels are displayed), but there is now no description for wheels in the spec, but the $4,500 price still shows without any description. Confusing? Still no word back from the sales person on what to do. I really dislike these new wheels - I would be fine with 19" silver slipstreams as long as I don't have to pay for a change order. So far, this process has been disappointing instead of fun and exciting like it should be.

Ok, I heard from my DS and am happy again. The car will be delivered with the new twin turbines, but we will deal with changing them at delivery. This is very reasonable and acceptable to me - I trust they will follow-through and kudos to the Rocklin Tesla team! Back to fun anticipation...

The change shows-up in my account in the picture of the car (twin turbine "antler" wheels are displayed), but there is now no description for wheels in the spec, but the $4,500 price still shows without any description. Confusing? Still no word back from the sales person on what to do. I really dislike these new wheels - I would be fine with 19" silver slipstreams as long as I don't have to pay for a change order. So far, this process has been disappointing instead of fun and exciting like it should be.

Same deal re: MyTesla account. I'm glad to hear they are being accommodating! Hopefully they will give you the money back.

CAB099BC-991A-4CFA-AF94-200369F59C23.jpeg