Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sweet and the fastest was with the least SoC.

It appears that the fastest was with the highest state of charge. The quickest was with the lowest state of charge.

no 10's! :(

11.040 @ 119.72 MPH [93% SOC]
11.036 @ 118.01 MPH
11.051 @ 119.52 MPH
11.034 @ 119.34 MPH [82% SOC]

60's were 1.56-1.58

I supercharged, then drove 16 miles to the track @ 55 MPH, did not top off at the track, doesn't seem to matter, nice that the car keeps the power up run after run, but no 10's! I did edge out St. Charles... :)

Will put some videos and full data tomorrow....

Good info.

Using St Charles' 11.1516 done in May of 2016, looks like these times ranged from 0.101- 0.118 seconds quicker than those.

Newer P90DL makes 662 hp at the battery!!!

From his descriptions, it is believed that St Charles was running 2.18.77 with a 1394 battery pack when he ran the 11.1516.

But perhaps a better comparison is against your reported best in your own car, 11.244 @118.58.

Against that one result at least, these new results range anywhere from 0.193 - 0.210 seconds quicker, and anywhere from -0.57 to 1.14 mph faster than your prior 118.58 mph trap speed.

I've seen power levels reported of 451 KW for the old P90DL, all the way up to 510KW reported for the newer P90DL cars, or a difference of up to 79hp. The trap speed difference at least, don't appear to be that great.

The ET difference of about a .2 improvement in ET, is impressive, but still not 10.9999 for those members still looking to see that done, and I wonder what the price increase was of the old version of the P90DL vs the new P90DL is for those roughly 2 tenths..

BTW, you may have said already, but how was this car optioned?

In any case, at this point, if it was once "routine" for Teslas to run a published quarter mile spec, as some have indicated, then it doesn't appear that a stated spec of 10.9 will be routine, even with the current power levels.

Last edited:
Dang that is unbelievably consistent. There is no doubt early power delivery is under software control. Are your 60' times consistently better than your original P90DL? I ask as that would indicate either a reduced voltage sag or increased current ramp in the 0-30 mph range.

yea, ICE cars need LC, I ran 0-60 in 2.7 seconds in my GT-R....

for the Tesla, after initiating the Launch mode with initial pedal press, you have 8 seconds to do the 2nd pedal press, then 4 seconds till you have to let go of the brake and go...

Aren't all those other cars using launch control to get those 0to60 times.Motortrend had the 2010 nissan gt-r at 3.2 secs with launch control and 3.9 sec without. Don't you only have a very short time to launch?

yea, ICE cars need LC, I ran 0-60 in 2.7 seconds in my GT-R....

for the Tesla, after initiating the Launch mode with initial pedal press, you have 8 seconds to do the 2nd pedal press, then 4 seconds till you have to let go of the brake and go...

I meant that the ices can't just hang around at a traffic light in launch control waiting for the light to change. And the launch control on the gt-r made a 0.7sec difference in the 0 to 60.

The Motortrend article was about a 2010 gt-r, so, yeah, if you have a newer one, it probably is quicker. The point was that lc made a 0.7sec difference in 0-60.

Last edited:
yea, my original P90DL V1, does 1.61-1.62, this new one was always in the 1.56-1.58...

I agree with lolachampcar that early power delivery is under software control.

Looking at the splits too it seems that much of the improvement is in the 1/8.

The 60ft time is improved about .05 seconds. The 1/8 mile trap speed about 1mph, the 1/8 mile ET around a tenth.

Though the 1/8 mile splits don't show a 100mph trap speed, typical of a 10 second time, they do all show a sub 7second 1/8 mile ET.

On the top end, on glance, it's still taking about the same amount of time to cover the last 1/8 mile of the track.

The consistent 1.5x 60 ft times are definitely an advantage for it as well as the ability to run them at just over an 80% SOC.

With a 0-60 time of 2.65 secs as your video and box indicate, there simply won't be much out there that can compete with it off the line.

An improvement over the first cars for sure. And doing this on all seasons makes it even that much more impressive. I wonder what it would do on 21s.

Last edited:
It was, he has a 108x battery
Do you have the full part number for the pack? That's the first three digits of my pack that measured 1600 amps and 310 volts. Maybe there were two stages. The new packs at 1500 amps. They would have a sag to 323 volts vs 305 for the v1 packs. Later they bumped the current to 1600 amps. I don't know why the wouldn't have gone back and updated the earlier v2s to 1600 amps, though.

Or it could be there's an even newer 108xx part number.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.