TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

News on App/MX Software update

Discussion in 'Model X' started by Brandon332, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

Has anyone heard any news on the latest Model X AP 1.0 and app update? Last I read, Elon said late January was supposedly the time for a major Model X update including the app. I'm hoping the new app will allow the heated seats and heated wheel to be activated via the app. Just wondering if anyone has any new updates on when these will be out. Thanks! :)

2. Lipsyte

Lipsyte Member

You are referring to 8.1, which is expected to be released at the same time as the revamped mobile app. Unfortunately, no news on this front since Elon's tweet. How late will they be from the January expected date is anyone's guess :) mine would be mid February

3. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

Elon said Late January but didn't specify the year

• Funny x 6
  4. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

No news. My guess is they are still putting all their effort into sorting out eAP, trying to get it to AP1 levels of functionality first.

5. travwill

travwill Active Member

I so want to be able to activate cold weather also, especially the wheel and defrosters. Note, if you turn on climate control, if you had the front seat(s) on before you got out then they default back on to the setting you had. The issue there is they don't really seem to get warm until your really sitting in them even if have been on a while.

6. Brandon332

Brandon332 Member

I didn't know this. Are you sure? I haven't noticed the seats being warm. Also on a side note, My car's VIN ends ~8800 and is deep blue w/ ultra white. We may have been in the same batch :)

7. travwill

travwill Active Member

Awesome, likely so in the same batch - probably did like a 100 blues at once or so ;-)

Yeah, try it out. Turn your seat to 3 for example (I just leave mine on at 1). If you turn on climate control, it'll be on. It is also already on when you get back in the car (should notice that). But seems like it needs pressure to actually heat up by either pressing body against the elements or actually electronically activating with the weight sensor.

Either way, crossing fingers for that app update ;-) to have those features too.

8. fasteddie7

fasteddie7 Member

What I wouldn't give for the rear window / side mirror / windshield wiper defrosters to be activated from the app...

9. Pwdr Extreme

Pwdr Extreme Member

I'd be happy if the wiper defrosters actually worked period. Not to mention the washers...

• Like x 1
  10. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

What is the issue with the washers? Mine work well and push out just enough liquid as they swish to clean the windshield. Yes they are different and I am happy they are. With the conventional washers quite often I get the spray flying back from the car in front of me. Plus with the larger windshield, they would have needed more powerful motor to have the spray reach far enough.

11. Pwdr Extreme

Pwdr Extreme Member

The driver's side doesn't put out nearly enough liquid and will leave the bottom 1/3 of the window filthy at speed. I'm actually considering installing regular nozzles in the hood like my pickup has.

12. xkwizit

xkwizit Member

Have you checked that the holes in the wiper aren't plugged or the piping kinked somewhere? If you don't find anything obvious, this is for your SC to fix.

I assume what you are saying is that there is difference in how much fluid comes out between the two wipers.