Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

News on App/MX Software update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone heard any news on the latest Model X AP 1.0 and app update? Last I read, Elon said late January was supposedly the time for a major Model X update including the app. I'm hoping the new app will allow the heated seats and heated wheel to be activated via the app. Just wondering if anyone has any new updates on when these will be out. Thanks! :)

You are referring to 8.1, which is expected to be released at the same time as the revamped mobile app. Unfortunately, no news on this front since Elon's tweet. How late will they be from the January expected date is anyone's guess :) mine would be mid February

Has anyone heard any news on the latest Model X AP 1.0 and app update? Last I read, Elon said late January was supposedly the time for a major Model X update including the app. I'm hoping the new app will allow the heated seats and heated wheel to be activated via the app. Just wondering if anyone has any new updates on when these will be out. Thanks! :)

I so want to be able to activate cold weather also, especially the wheel and defrosters. Note, if you turn on climate control, if you had the front seat(s) on before you got out then they default back on to the setting you had. The issue there is they don't really seem to get warm until your really sitting in them even if have been on a while.

I so want to be able to activate cold weather also, especially the wheel and defrosters. Note, if you turn on climate control, if you had the front seat(s) on before you got out then they default back on to the setting you had. The issue there is they don't really seem to get warm until your really sitting in them even if have been on a while.

I didn't know this. Are you sure? I haven't noticed the seats being warm. Also on a side note, My car's VIN ends ~8800 and is deep blue w/ ultra white. We may have been in the same batch :)

I didn't know this. Are you sure? I haven't noticed the seats being warm. Also on a side note, My car's VIN ends ~8800 and is deep blue w/ ultra white. We may have been in the same batch :)

Awesome, likely so in the same batch - probably did like a 100 blues at once or so ;-)

Yeah, try it out. Turn your seat to 3 for example (I just leave mine on at 1). If you turn on climate control, it'll be on. It is also already on when you get back in the car (should notice that). But seems like it needs pressure to actually heat up by either pressing body against the elements or actually electronically activating with the weight sensor.

Either way, crossing fingers for that app update ;-) to have those features too.

What is the issue with the washers? Mine work well and push out just enough liquid as they swish to clean the windshield. Yes they are different and I am happy they are. With the conventional washers quite often I get the spray flying back from the car in front of me. Plus with the larger windshield, they would have needed more powerful motor to have the spray reach far enough.