Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NIssan Leaf is a Better Car Than the Tesla Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have had a Leaf for 7+ years (VIN 1186). It is on its second battery (after the Nissan PR fiasco). Carefree to drive around town and easy to park. Nicks & scratches galore but not a care in the world. 0 to 60 in 9.5 sec is plenty fast :) from a stop light competing with the $100K ICE in our area. Current range is 55 miles (!) and so have to plan around it. This one was built in Japan around the 2011 earthquake and has been extremely reliable with minimal maintenance. Truly made me an EV believer.

Our Red Model S is a bit too wide (and pretentious) for my tastes and so the wife is happy driving it. Guess i have driven beaters most of my life.

About to order a Model 3 and so the Leaf will go to my teenager. Soon to be an all-EV household and our last remaining, ancient ICE will find a new home.

The guess o meter on the Leaf is substantially better this year then with prior models. It doesn’t move wildly like the earlier Leaf.

Per the earlier post, if sport is not your focus, and utility is the priority, the dynamics shift on value. We would get the eNV200 is available in the US, but not yet. 7 seats, super cargo for an EV.

For Costco runs with 3 kids, we were down to the leaf and niro. Sadly, niro not available in Illnois, so Leaf + it was. If the 3 was a lift gate, we might have considered it. Given the 8 additional inches, I thought the trunk would have been bigger.

That said, my single 20 Trans Am driving alter ego, would love a 3 or S. Super cool.
Been following Tesla since the roadster. I remember seeing one in