Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"While anyone can reserve a Leaf for a $99 fee, for now Nissan lets people in only seven U.S. states actually place orders. Those states are Arizona, California, Hawaii, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Washington."

From the article above, it appears that Nissan has a problem with their cars in cold weather!

They have a new cold weather package for the 2012 models that is supposed to help. They will eventually roll out to more states.
(CHAdeMO will become standard too.)

Last edited:

A longer version of the same article is on Bloomberg's main site today: Nissan Aggravates Leaf Electric Car Buyers

I agree, it's a little unfair because of the earthquake / pollen-spots / etc.

One of the things that struck me while reading this is the comments of the Nissan manager - everyone now expects an Amazon-style "progress of your order" interface. Something like the "My Tesla" web page for the Roadsters, although I know that had its issues, and mine still says "undergoing final testing" even though I know the car is on a truck on the way here. But it's a lot better than waiting three months for a phone call from the dealer. Maybe eventually each part will have an RFID an be assigned to your car at t=0 so you'll see something like "Your seats are in transit to the assembly factory" and so on. Plus of course being able to spy on the trucks themselves using "google Earth real-time plug-in". :smile:

for the record, the DC chargers at Nissan Dealers in the UK are useless... they are only available during business hours and many (all?) are restricted to use by the customers of the dealership... Nissan drivers from other dealerships have been turned away :confused:

Only available during business hours yes - but turning away other customers? I haven't heard of that in the UK (just reports on here from the US). Plenty of broken chargers though.

By the way, the Leaf is a rather tall vehicle at 61". When parked in a lot, it is noticeably taller than other small sedans parked around it.
Part of it is the extra height of the pack under the seats. Part of it is the very tall headroom.

Bobby L gives Ghosn a ride in a LEAF
Fully Charged Carlos Ghosn

Hmm... Goes well with the T-shirt they sent me:
fc.jpg

You may notice that the Leaf is a relatively short car though. Even though it is 4 doors / 4+ seats, it isn't a whole lot longer than the Roadster.

(Maybe all this Leaf & Roadster talk should be moved from this Fisker topic into something else?)