TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

NJ / JCP&L / FirstEnergy time of use meters?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by GardenStateTSLA, Mar 6, 2014.

Tags:
  1. GardenStateTSLA

Just spent 30 mins on the phone with JCP&L (I'm in New Jersey) and the only answer I was able to extract from the customer service rep was "Yes, they do have time of use meters." Couldn't tell me how it works, residential/business, costs to install, rate differential, anything. Does anyone have any experience with JCP&L ToU meters? Thanks!

2. apvbguy

apvbguy Banned

I lived in a place served by JCPL for 25+ years and I've never heard of or knew of anyone who had TOU metering. YMMV

3. LXAwolf

LXAwolf New Member

4. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

Did you get anywhere with your JCP&L issue? I am also in NJ and thinking if they offer special rates for EV owners - or any sort of special pricing -- i am also getting solar installed.

5. MG1234

MG1234 Member

+1

Preparing to install HPWC and 14-50 in Monmouth County, NJ and have JCP&L. Researching whether possible to have separate meter with time of use for overnight charging and keep standard residential on house. Also considering solar at same time and how that would affect install and scale pricing. Appreciate hearing others' experience.

6. Ojas Ray

Ojas Ray Member

If you are thinking about solar - ping me - i can set you up with a great company and person. They are also going to be install tesla powerwall in the coming months....

• Like x 1