Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Bass

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi!!!! I got my Y on Sunday and I am so in love. She's a black on black beauty. Did I mention I'm happy and in love???

One bummer that popped up was last night I noticed there was no bass coming from the speakers. It all sounded really tinny and like it was coming from the front only. I did a steering wheel button reset and the bass came back. I was really surprised this happened in the first week of having the car... is this... normal?

Hi!!!! I got my Y on Sunday and I am so in love. She's a black on black beauty. Did I mention I'm happy and in love???

One bummer that popped up was last night I noticed there was no bass coming from the speakers. It all sounded really tinny and like it was coming from the front only. I did a steering wheel button reset and the bass came back. I was really surprised this happened in the first week of having the car... is this... normal?
Same thing happened to my brand new MYLR yesterday. I was surprised too. To fix it, just restart the computer. Push both buttons on the steering wheel for 10 seconds or so until the screen goes dark and reboots.

Recent bug if you use sentry mode.... The amplifier gets turned off to save power but does not resume when you drive. Rebooting will fix and probably also letting the car sleep. I presume a future software update will fix it.

In our case:
(upgrading from 2021.11.10x software)
2021.36.5 added the expanded immersive sound options and broke the audio (subwoofer). The scroll wheel restart would fix it, but only temporarily. Basically had to restart it every time we wanted to go anywhere to have good sound from the stereo.
2021.36.5.5 rolled back the immersive sound changes
2021.36.8 re-introduced the immersive sound changes and the subwoofer has worked fine ever since

In our case:
2021.36.5 added the expanded immersive sound options and broke the audio (subwoofer). The scroll wheel restart would fix it, but only temporarily. Basically had to restart it every time we wanted to go anywhere to have good sound from the stereo.
2021.36.8 re-introduced the immersive sound changes and the subwoofer has worked fine ever since
I’m on 2021.35.102 and the car says it’s up to date.

In our case:
Anybody know when we will get independent SUB level adjustment? I could of sworn I heard and saw a pic of this upcoming feature on some site.. there was an independent subwoofer slider adjustment on the far left of the EQ along with the new immersive sound adjustment on the bottom like how it was recently added. I assumed that the immersive sound slider would also include the independent sub adjustment.

Anybody know?

Reactions: trlengle

Well, as Meghan Trainor says…. It’s all about the base, ’bout the base, no treble…

Things like this can often happen with Tesla. They innovate at the speed of thought. When something new is developed they do not wait years to finish all possible testing and implement it. They roll things out with good intentions, but until it gets into the hands of thousands of end users do they realize that it still needs some tweeking. When they get customer and field feedback that something is amiss they hone their software to improve the offering.

While this gets all the new stuff into the hands of customers quickly, and often results in the most advanced offerings, it also comes with a cost for the early innovators.

I saw this when Tesla released free OTA updates implementing automated windshield wipers and headlights. Customers gave feedback that the systems were not up to snuff, and Tesla rolled out multiple updates to make them better (but still not perfect)

Of course everyone wants everything to be perfect, but that is not reality in a fast paced innovative company.

Things like this can often happen with Tesla. They innovate at the speed of thought. When something new is developed they do not wait years to finish all possible testing and implement it. They roll things out with good intentions, but until it gets into the hands of thousands of end users do they realize that it still needs some tweeking. When they get customer and field feedback that something is amiss they hone their software to improve the offering.

While this gets all the new stuff into the hands of customers quickly, and often results in the most advanced offerings, it also comes with a cost for the early innovators.

I saw this when Tesla released free OTA updates implementing automated windshield wipers and headlights. Customers gave feedback that the systems were not up to snuff, and Tesla rolled out multiple updates to make them better (but still not perfect)

Of course everyone wants everything to be perfect, but that is not reality in a fast paced innovative company.
yes but i think there's a difference between systems not being perfect and systems being completely defunct. every time I turn on my car, most of my sound system including the bass is turned off. that's a pretty bad situation!