Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No blindspot warning on Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the reference!
It has blindspot warning in Autopilot. But not in city driving.
My wife drives in the city a lot and it would be of great help to her to have it on all the time.
Or did I missed how to turn it on without autopilot?

You missed it.

It's on page 128.

Many of the active safety features (which all cars get, regardless of even having AP or not) are listed in the manual/menus under the general AP headings because they leverage AP hardware to provide their features.

Video of where/how to turn it on, and shows it working without AP turned on at 22 seconds into the video

It's with AP on that it does NOT chime- because in that case the car is making lane changes not the driver and thus would have no need to "warn" the driver.

So turn on that chime setting on the car, and then try signaling when you know a car is in your blind spot and you're driving manually- should chime as a warning (in addition to the visual warnings on the screen).

If it doesn't, open a service ticket, there's something wrong with your car.

Reactions: Tplamaia
Great video!
I'll go to the car and set it up.
Thank you.

Happy to help...

And in fairness to your confusion- I personally think it's a mistake on Teslas part not to just have all possible safety features and warnings turned on by default from the factory.

This way you at least know they are there and if one bothers you you can THEN look up how to turn it off.... instead of the current system where ones like this you need to discover even exists in the first place.