TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

No Cell Connection - Line through Cellular Bars

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Longhorn92, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Longhorn92

Longhorn92 MS VIN #10103 (40 kWh)

Last night and this morning, I have had a line through the cellular bars with no connection (see picture below). I called Tesla Service, and they said others have been having this problem, so I should wait to see if it goes away. However, I didn't see any posts here about it which I would have expected if others were having similar problems. FYI: I did already try a reboot, and it didn't help.

Is anyone else having this problem?

3G.JPG

2. Max*

Max* Banned

Mine works...

3. jelloslug

jelloslug Active Member

Yep, I have had it happen on mine two times now. Rebooting the main screen seems to fix the issue.

4. Longhorn92

Interesting, rebooting last night didn't work. I'll try again after work.

5. patrick40363

patrick40363 Member

It shows up when there is no cell service. It shows up a lot where i live because the cell service is not the best.

6. msnow

msnow Active Member

It's Putin. :)

7. idoco

idoco Member

8. strider

strider Active Member

This is definitely an 8.0 issue as it didn't happen before. For me it happens every day when switching from Wi-Fi to 3G. Wi-Fi in my garage, back out, switch into Drive, line through cell-signal strength bar. Takes awhile for service to kick in. PITA when I need to look up an address and forgot to do it in the garage.

9. jcaspar

jcaspar Member

I get it when I have no cell reception. I think that is what it is supposed to signify.

10. Chaz

Chaz Big Kahuna

This happened to me this past Friday (pre-v8.0 install) in places that I have ALWAYS had LTE coverage. I could not load maps, listen to streaming audio, etc. It seemed to be an AT&T issue (maybe someone at Tesla didn't pay the bill? :eek: lol). After a few hours it was back to normal without any input from me and no software updates (at least ones that I could see).

11. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Having this trouble since yesterday. No change with screen reboot. Saw one bar 3G very briefly on drive home but then back to no-bars icon. Anyone else?

12. Longhorn92

If you have anything plugged into one or both of the USB ports, remove them, then reboot. That is what they finally did for me, and it worked.

13. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Thanks for the tip. Did not work for me. I also tried to power cycle, no luck. No AT&T phones around here to see if there's a problem with the network.

14. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

I live in a highrise and we have underground parking. I park overnight under thirty feet of concrete and steel. There's no reception down there.
    I found that leaving the "always connected" box checked would cause the car to get stuck without LTE. As soon as I unchecked the box and rebooted the screen, everything has worked perfectly.

15. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Tried that too. Thanks for the idea. No go. But will try this again when I move the car. Service is spotty at best around here.

16. cryptyk

cryptyk Member

Just checked and I have both every saving and always connected turned off, if you want to try that combo.

17. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Still no joy.

18. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Temps were single digits F over the weekend when the cellular connection went down. Service was restored today when temps were up to 28F. Could this be temperature related? I hope not, since not being able to preheat at those temps was no fun.

19. Gwgan

Gwgan Almost a wagon

Going on a week without cell service now, second episode. Service has escalated problem to engineering. No pre heat in cold snowy weather. #firstworldproblem

20. Algbc

Algbc Member

#20 Algbc, Jun 8, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
    I just experienced this,
    Maybe it's a network issue in the area, I used my own iPhone as hotspot. For an hour I had no signal on tesla. But after a while I got 3G signal.

Toronto, Canada

Attached Files: