Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Garage Door Openeer on Partial Premium Interior

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my new Model 3, and no garage door Opener and no carpets. Tesla didnt even bother to put a temporary paper mat.

Can someone confirm that there really is no garage door opener? That will suck on a $40K car.

Common Tesla, Not even carpets? If they could just stop wasting money giving cars away, maybe we could get carpets.

Any way to add the garage door opener?

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA and adaptabl
Do you have the Homelink icon in the upper right of your screen? If so that is where you set up the garage opener.

IMG_6333.jpg

• Helpful
Reactions: dhrivnak
I just got my new Model 3, and no garage door Opener and no carpets. Tesla didnt even bother to put a temporary paper mat.

Can someone confirm that there really is no garage door opener? That will suck on a $40K car.

Common Tesla, Not even carpets? If they could just stop wasting money giving cars away, maybe we could get carpets.

Obviously Elon thinks giving cars to YouTube stars and bloggers like Electrek is not a waste of money.

Correct, no garage door opener, you don't get that until the Premium Interior.

Standard Interior Includes:

• Manual seat and steering adjustment
  • Cloth seats and base trim
  • Basic audio
  • Standard maps and navigation
  • Center console with storage and 4 USB ports
Partial Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable heated front seats
  • Premium seat material and trim
  • Upgraded audio – immersive sound
  • Standard maps & navigation
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
Premium Interior Includes:

• 12-way power adjustable front and rear heated seats
  • Premium audio – 14 speakers, 1 subwoofer, 2 amps, and immersive sound
  • Satellite-view maps with live traffic visualization and navigation
  • In-car internet streaming music & media
  • Internet browser
  • Location-aware automatic garage door opener
  • LED fog lamps
  • Center console with storage, 4 USB ports and docking for 2 smartphones
All Interiors Include:

• Tinted glass roof with ultraviolet and infrared protection
  • Auto dimming, power folding, heated side mirrors
  • Music and media over Bluetooth ®
  • Custom driver profiles

Hmm...I'm surprised the Homelink isn't included at all. That comes with most cars in that price range.

FWIW, it didn't in my wife's 2019 BoltEV LT with fast charging, heated seats and steering wheel, and leather seats (added option) that came in at around $39K MSRP (although we got a signficant deal on it). So yes, she's got the good 'ol manual garage door opener in her car (which, to be honest, I actually prefer compared to the Homelink button in her old Volt and my old LEAF that you had to press in for a second or two.

Just because it doesn't have the "location-aware automatic garage door opener" doesn't mean it has no garage door opener at all. It may just mean it has to be triggered manually. (I'm not saying it does or does not. I don't know.)

And in a car completely run by software, the difference between location aware and hitting a button it close to nothing (I know, marketing can always add a charge to anything) It's removing the transmitter that saves the money.

Hmm...I'm surprised the Homelink isn't included at all. That comes with most cars in that price range.

While it indeed comes in many cars this price range, you have to remember that the car should actually be compared to a $25k car in many aspects. It's a stripped down model.
And when it comes to a "car in this price range" why aren't you getting another car in this price range. You want the Tesla because of multiple items that the other cars don't have. So why don't the other cars have the features of the Tesla, because they'd be more expensive.

It's all a matter of give and takes. You'll now have to use that garage door opener on your visor. Is that really a big deal?

My Jeep Wrangler unlimited didn’t have a garage door opener either... had to use the fob that came with opener.

I just got my M3 SR+ delivered today, no homeland either, called Tesla and they said I should have it (w/o location awareness).
They opened a case number for engineers to push it to my car via software update.

Hmmm...if that happens you will be the first person with an SR+ to have Homelink. Something tells me you got the wrong answer on that one, but see what they come back with. Who knows.

Reactions: Curb71 and adaptabl
I'd say that half the cars I was comparing to the model 3 before I bought didn't have homelink as standard, and they were all comparable cars (Audi, Mercedes, JAguar, Alfa Romeo, etc.)

Yeah, the carpets are nothing special that's for sure. I bought the rubber floor mats from the Tesla store. They're nice and, of course, they say "Tesla" on them. That's got to be worth at least $100 of the price. :D
True, the Tesla mats may not be as all encompassing as some of the others but they are cheaper, say "Tesal" on them, and are much better than the carpet ones that came with it.