Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[NO LONGER AVAILABLE] Parting Out a 2015 85D - What Do You Need?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
do you have the complete left rear suspension? any of the control arms?
Yes. I need the left-front suspension but the rest are for sale. This includes all of the rear multilink and air shock: $345

How much for a battery module?
Assuming you have the ability to part them out individually.
Nah, the pack is in great shape, so selling it complete. I've seen modules on eBat. I may put the pack up there soon and it'll go quickly.

I'd be interested in the aluminum bezel that goes around the MCU. I managed to put a little ding dimple in mine… Cost?
I'm selling the interior complete, and the bezel has to go with that.

I'm interested in the left and right headlamps, provided they're not damaged.
Sorry, I need all front exterior parts for my rebuild. My P85D is smashed up in the front.

Do you have the console side pieces? They are the ones that run from under the Center display back to the armrest. There is one on each side.
I do, but I have to sell the interior complete. It has what I believe is called the "yacht floor", a shallow container between the driver and passenger.

(Btr, backchannel)

HankLloydRight, shipped.

I've asked the Mods if I may edit the first post to keep up what's been sold, but I haven't heard back. So for now I will mark what's sold throughout this thread.

Sold:
- Backup camera
- Charging port

Last edited:
I'm half-tempted to ask for the chargeport door (assuming its the auto-close variety) and see if I can get that installed on my car. But alas, I worry about my warranty too much to likely go through with it.
You absolutely cannot retrofit a motorized charge port into an older car. The wiring is actually the same, it's the sheetmetal that's totally different. The hole where the port mounts on the motorized unit is much larger, and there is a pocket below the port cutout, including a drain system that doesn't exist on the older cars. Short of changing the whole quarter panel (welding gluing painting) there's absolutely no way you'll ever make it work.

In addition, you'd need a firmware reflash, and Tesla likely isn't going to do it.

• Informative
Reactions: apacheguy
Good question. I'd be surprised if they are different, as everything comes together in the HVJB. And I doubt the automatic battery changers at Supercharger sites can stock a bunch of different batteries.

You can put a D (awd) pack into a non-D car, but usually not the other way around. Any pack changes though require car configuration changes and firmware reflashing. (BTW, I can do this if anyone ever needs it)

• Love
Reactions: 944hv
Sold:
- Rear right multilink (knuckle, strut, control arms, links and bolts) + air shock
- Rear right e-brake

tenthousandclown (Luke B.) declines to pay remainder of shipping as agreed. Unknown posters no longer get the same consideration.