Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more FSD beta after a few months of no subscription?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi everyone,

I subscribed last year to FSD and got in the beta program. I stopped my subscription in the spring on 2022. My car stayed on the beta release track, as expected, and I am now on 2022.20.19. I also bought EAP during the summer.

I was excited with the news about 10.69.3, thinking I would check it out, but yesterday I got a notice to update to 2022.40.4.1, not 20.36.xx. Am I getting the boot because I haven't used FSD is a while? Anyone else experienced the same thing?

I guess I can restart my subscription and hope that triggers an update to 2022.36, but I was hoping to upgrade first and then restart so I would get the benefits from day 1.

No, I was on 2022.20.19, but my car was prompting to update to 2022.40.xx instead of 2022.36.xx because I bought EAP. Looks like that causes you to get bumped out of FSDb.
I ignored the prompts, restarted my FSD subscription, and reinstalled 2022.20.19. Now I am back on the beta branch with 2022.36.6.
My car is having some of the issues people reported with that version, so I hope to vet 2022.36.20 soon.
WOW, your post is confusing. You say you were on 20.19 did NOT install 40.xx. Then you reinstalled 20.19. If you were on 20.19 how did you reinstall it? Also you say after "reinstalled 20.19" you were back on the Beta branch but on 36.6. 36.6 is not FSD Beta and how did you get to 36.6 without installing it?

Upvote 0
WOW, your post is confusing. You say you were on 20.19 did NOT install 40.xx. Then you reinstalled 20.19. If you were on 20.19 how did you reinstall it? Also you say after "reinstalled 20.19" you were back on the Beta branch but on 36.6. 36.6 is not FSD Beta and how did you get to 36.6 without installing it?
Well, I guess I got over excited that I was prompted to upgrade to the 2022.36.xx instead of 2022.40.xx. That sucks, but I can still get 36.20, I hope.

You'd have to read the thread to follow my trials. How I reinstalled the previous FSDb was by entering service mode: on the car screen touch for 3 seconds your car model (3/Y) and when you release, you get prompted for a code. You enter "service" and you get a warning about how much you can mess up your car. I didn't poke around, only selected the option to reinstall the current software. That caused the car to stop trying to update to branch 2022.40 and offer to upgrade to 2022.36 instead.
Had I read the release notes before getting all excited, I would have ignored the prompts for a few days until I got the prompt to 36.20. Oh well, thanks for clarifying that. I haven't driven the car since I did the software update, other than a couple of blocks around the house, but it looked like I could not activate AP. That's an issue people on that version reported.

So I guess I still have to wait, but not all hope is lost. And I'll learn to read the release notes better!

Upvote 0
Finally!! I got the prompt to upgrade to 2022.36.20. I am back in the beta branch.
I have to say, though, that so far, 2022.20.19 was better for my daily commute route than the latest.

My car has tried to make random turns into people's driveways thinking they were streets. Almost makes me miss phantom breaking.
I need to try a few times more to see if things improve.

Reactions: JonB65
Upvote 0