Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No more new Model 3 inventory? (Currently)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought they were making right side driving models now for the UK.
They build for export in the 1st half of the quarter, because of the long delivery times on a boat, and they need to be delivered by end of quarter. Then (now) they build for North America in configuration batches. Mostly Sr+ Right now. Majority of those black interior, but some whites are starting to show. They ship to east coast and Canada first.
In the latter part of June, they build some inventory to get them through July - August when production is again making for export . A lot of vehicles in transport right now. Many delivery locations are getting pretty booked up for the first two weeks in June. Those that miss the end of June, may want to be flexible and pick something in inventory, rather than waiting until late August or September.

Last edited:
Ok I called again today since it’s been over 2 weeks, the my Tesla account is asking me to pay remaining balance of the car. I did and I then called the store. This time I got my salesman, he didn’t know about my delivery status, looked into it and said my car was just made 5/25 and it’s at Hawthorne now. I pick up tomorrow!

So it seems to me, the EV-CPO and Tesla inventory sites do not have made to order inventory listed. As of 5/29/19 am, there are only 12 in US new stock on EV-CPO site. No SR+ with aero wheels.

So it seems to me, the EV-CPO and Tesla inventory sites do not have made to order inventory listed

No, they do not. Nor do they claim to. Custom built orders are never posted/listed online so there's never any chance to capture them. Why would Tesla list a car for sale that's a custom order?

Now if a customer orders a car and then cancels or rejects the car, then it might be listed online and captured by EV-CPO.

Hey EV-CPO

Thanks for running the site EV-CPO. I use it to gage my wait times because I have nothing better to do, while I read these forums. Also if there’s my configuration listed on the online inventory and it’s local, was going to let my sales advisor know to match me to that available car. I don’t how sites like yours get the inventory list from Tesla, so please don’t be offended, just trying to figure out maybe the inventory list is off a master production list prior to Tesla advisors matching them to customer orders. Pardon my ignorance.

Ah, I see, sorry for misunderstanding your post. Congrats on your order and I hope you can get your car soon! There are lots of threads taking about how awful the waiting is to get a car delivered. I even think Tom Petty (rip) wrote a song about it. ;)

When I call the stores near me they bring up all sorts of inventory that doesn't show online. I don't think the online inventory is accurate. For example, I've never seen a LR RWD show in local online inventory, but every time I call the guy goes through a bunch of cars that are local in inventory. Just so far none have matched the specs and discount I'm looking for.

Wow. Virtually no inventory anywhere. So much for Wall Streets’s theory that demand was slack.

Yet whenever I check I have a choice of inventory model 3 from the SR to performance.

I don't think there are a lot of cars available, but it is not "virtually no inventory anywhere". I do think it will likely tighten up towards the end of the quarter unless Tesla press is suppressing sales.

When I call the stores near me they bring up all sorts of inventory that doesn't show online. I don't think the online inventory is accurate. For example, I've never seen a LR RWD show in local online inventory, but every time I call the guy goes through a bunch of cars that are local in inventory. Just so far none have matched the specs and discount I'm looking for.

This has been true since Tesla started selling inventory cars online. They've never posted all their used or inventory cars online -- they always have a much larger 'internal' list of cars to offer to people. How and why they decide which cars to list online is a mystery. It's also a mystery why they would hold back from listing all the cars they have (other than to obscure their held inventory from potential investors).