Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No roof over the Giga Austin car delivery storage lot?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been watching the drone flyovers of Giga Austin and it makes me a little nervous seeing all those cars sitting outside waiting for delivery. I obviously have no idea how long they sit out there. However I know the Austin area is prone to severe weather and I would hate to see a hail storm take out a batch of Model Y's!

Also If I was taking delivery I wouldn't necessarily want my car sitting out in the elements unexposed without any type of protection on the paint yet. Nothing worse than rain on the car followed by it baking in the sun. Just wanted to see your thoughts!

• Funny
Reactions: JDEWD250
I have been watching the drone flyovers of Giga Austin and it makes me a little nervous seeing all those cars sitting outside waiting for delivery. I obviously have no idea how long they sit out there. However I know the Austin area is prone to severe weather and I would hate to see a hail storm take out a batch of Model Y's!

Also If I was taking delivery I wouldn't necessarily want my car sitting out in the elements unexposed without any type of protection on the paint yet. Nothing worse than rain on the car followed by it baking in the sun. Just wanted to see your thoughts!
Lots of car dealers also expose new cars to the elements too.

Prior to delivery Tesla must assume any and all responsibility for damage. If a hail storm came through and damaged the cars they would most likely pull them from new sales and offer them as damaged sold as is cars through another means. Car companies and dealers have done that for years. Be careful though, many cars were sold very cheap because t(day had flood damage and the sellers only reported it as “storm damage”.

You would think it would make sense but not holding my breath. When I lived in Dallas, it started hailing larger than golf ball hail so I pulled into a covered bank drive through teller to get cover. They said I couldn’t stay there (I said come outside and make me, about 5 other cars did the same thing). After 10 minutes it stopped. At the airport about 30 airplanes had their wings damaged (dented) causing millions in damages and delays. Apparently they just call insurance and write it off.

pretty sure Tesla is just the same as every other manufacturer, even the ones in Texas.

You would think it would make sense but not holding my breath. When I lived in Dallas, it started hailing larger than golf ball hail so I pulled into a covered bank drive through teller to get cover. They said I couldn’t stay there (I said come outside and make me, about 5 other cars did the same thing). After 10 minutes it stopped. At the airport about 30 airplanes had their wings damaged (dented) causing millions in damages and delays. Apparently they just call insurance and write it off.
Back in the day before they started putting bollards outside of the doors...
A co-worker of mine drove his Porsche into the passenger terminal to avoid a hail storm