Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No software update in 4 weeks now

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 5-seater is still on 2017.36. I think I got that update in October. I brought her into the service center last week to have the second row inspection but apparently, the firmware wasn't updated at the time. I reckon I'll get it when I bring the car in for its annual service, though.

Of TeslaFi's entire "fleet", 37% are still on .42. I'm one of them. At least we didn't have to go through the problems with some of the versions.

2017.50.2 has been been widely adopted since it was released three days ago (Friday evening 12/23) - 72.4% of the TeslaFi fleet is already running it. This is the fastest/widest roll-out I've seen in my short three months of ownership.

upload_2017-12-25_17-56-44.png

• Informative
Reactions: lunitiks
Hello,

Just got the 50.2 update last night; any initial impressions/feedback? Seems like my driver profile doesn't include returning the steering wheel back to the driving position. And one time, the reverse guidance lines did not show up on the back up camera....

If you aren't receiving any updates, I'd recommend calling Tesla Service. Sometimes updates will be blocked on a vehicle, and this block can be lifted by the person on the phone. For example, if an update returned an error, they may block the vehicle from further updates. This happened to me once, and after the call I got the latest update within a couple of hours. The tech acknowledged that I had been blocked due to a technical issue with a previous update attempt. Worth a shot if you really are falling way behind. Especially if you didn't get 50.2, which seemed to be a Christmas present to everyone.

Reactions: boaterva
If you aren't receiving any updates, I'd recommend calling Tesla Service. Sometimes updates will be blocked on a vehicle, and this block can be lifted by the person on the phone. For example, if an update returned an error, they may block the vehicle from further updates. This happened to me once, and after the call I got the latest update within a couple of hours. The tech acknowledged that I had been blocked due to a technical issue with a previous update attempt. Worth a shot if you really are falling way behind. Especially if you didn't get 50.2, which seemed to be a Christmas present to everyone.
This. After an update that has gone essentially fleet-wide, everyone should have gotten it unless your car has no network connectivity for some reason (stored in underground garage...).

I’ve seen several threads where past ‘issues’ have caused firmware upgrades to get stuck and nothing on the car will tell you about it. Calling the national support line is the best way to verify something is or isn’t at fault.

‭1 (877) 798-3752‬

• Helpful
Reactions: scottf200