Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No Sonic with my update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car has been parked and connected to wifi for past 24 hours...still no Sonic
I downloaded and installed the holiday update on Thursday night, left home (and thus WiFi) on Friday morning, and when I got back in the car Friday evening to head back home, I saw another download icon. It said it was just a game update. Downloaded and installed as soon as I got home and connected to WiFi. Don’t know what game was updated since I rarely use Arcade; I’m more of a Theater guy.

Missing Sonic as well. Interestingly, my car didn't come with the wireless chargers or USB ports (Nov build). I finally got those installed a few weeks ago -- not sure if something has to do with that? Not sure if the ports are power only and not data and power?

Haha, typical Tesla, no Sonic here and have everything else in the update. Connected to WiFi most of time. Not sure if it detects no front USB and wireless charging as delivered without. Who knows with Tesla, they are brilliant eccentric cars LOL.
you may be right.. For instance - I do not have an external speaker - hence when the boom box features launched - I didn't - and still do not - have them.

you may be right.. For instance - I do not have an external speaker - hence when the boom box features launched - I didn't - and still do not - have them.
Does anyone else have the annoying whirring sound from under the frunk when opening the car? Everything is off but it still activates a pump. See this link who has same issue-

Missing Sonic as well. Interestingly, my car didn't come with the wireless chargers or USB ports (Nov build). I finally got those installed a few weeks ago -- not sure if something has to do with that? Not sure if the ports are power only and not data and power?
I suspect all of you who are missing data USB ports will get a Bluetooth controller update in the near future and you'll be playing Sonic and Cuphead wirelessly.

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but If you have a 3 or Y born after 11/1/2021 your usb c console has no data capabilities and Sonic is not in your future. Yes, you bought a new rather costly car, but Tesla, in its wisdom, replaced your ports with power only ones. There is no current retrofit. They have a clause in your contract that allows them to essentially replace stuff at will. Your only recourse is to hope they will somehow change their mind and agree to restore this function. For this change you get nothing except no Sonic. A game controller still works on the games but you have to use the usb a port in the glove compartment. If you are ambitious you will place a usb a hub in the glove and attach usb music, usb sentry and a wireless dongle for gaming, or attach a wired gaming console. Pretty elegant huh?

if enough people complain about this maybe Tesla will agree to fix it. The ports still work in X and S models.

Attachments

• 9DA07559-D72D-46BC-B4E2-9948A8A5E2EF.jpeg
    9DA07559-D72D-46BC-B4E2-9948A8A5E2EF.jpeg
    73 KB · Views: 180
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but If you have a 3 or Y born after 11/1/2021 your usb c console has no data capabilities and Sonic is not in your future. Yes, you bought a new rather costly car, but Tesla, in its wisdom, replaced your ports with power only ones. There is no current retrofit. They have a clause in your contract that allows them to essentially replace stuff at will. Your only recourse is to hope they will somehow change their mind and agree to restore this function. For this change you get nothing except no Sonic. A game controller still works on the games but you have to use the usb a port in the glove compartment. If you are ambitious you will place a usb a hub in the glove and attach usb music, usb sentry and a wireless dongle for gaming, or attach a wired gaming console. Pretty elegant huh?

if enough people complain about this maybe Tesla will agree to fix it. The ports still work in X and S models.
So why can’t there be sonic for the model Y with only usb c charge ports? You can still plug a controller into the glovebox and play.

I tried it with the glove box port and it wouldn't work (2021). I had a 2019 m3p and the controllers were fine in the front ones. They have dropped a major doo doo on the new UI update which is utterly awful and sending out cars without proper functionality is total BS. I obviously think Tesla is great but I don't let that Rose tint my view on BS.

Reactions: rbcopod
@rbcopod

I think this is not true and goes against multiple pages of the manual. The front USB ports will be fully functional or the manual supplied with the car is totally wrong as it clearly states on at least a dozen occasions that the front USB ports are mainly for data and the glovebox should be left for Sentry only.