Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No way to get to Carlsbad Caverns?

nwdiver

Feb 17, 2013
United States
Francis Energy was awarded the contracts to start building out DCFC in NM with the VW money. In April they established a local branch in Roswell. They're based in Oklahoma and have been incredibly prolific at installing DCFCs there so I would expect that we should start seeing a lot of activity in NM any day now.

Reactions: SageBrush

ShonuffTX

Nov 28, 2020
DFW area Texas
From Pecos doesn't look too bad if you have a LR.
1625509348493.png

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
Nic King has a really cozy Airbnb in Carlsbad with a 14-50 too. Listed on Plugshare. Super nice guy.

Yes, very nice guy. The room though, while functional and clean, is 1/2 a star and at least when I stayed there cost $100.
He thoughtfully puts out ear plugs for guests who find the hot water heat pump in the corner too noisy. ;)

The room is a DIY converted garage. Visitors should keep their expectations low but revel in the fully charged car in the AM. The other positive is a nice neighborhood and nearby riverwalk.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
Francis Energy was awarded the contracts to start building out DCFC in NM with the VW money. In April they established a local branch in Roswell. They're based in Oklahoma and have been incredibly prolific at installing DCFCs there so I would expect that we should start seeing a lot of activity in NM any day now.

Yep. Pretty cool !

The charging will be relatively expensive if it follows OK, but as a bridge to Supercharging it will be most welcome. Time for TOCNM to buy a community CHAdeMO adapter while waiting for a Tesla blessed CCS adapter.

ZilWin

May 29, 2021
North America, Earth
This translates as "we didn't pay for the equipment or the installation so we won't list it."

Dummies
That's what I got out of it too.
I recently stayed in a newer Home2Suite (Hilton property) in Page, AZ. There were 2 Tesla destination chargers in the parking lot. Those were not listed on the Tesla site either, I suspect because there was a Supercharger literally 1 mile away. I was the only one plugged into either charger for both nights we stayed. Nice!

Reactions: kayak1

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC