Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non Owner - Just Placed my Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are you AWD peepz expecting to pay extra, and what will you get for it?
Traction, is a given.
0-60 for those who actually care? Likely a bit quicker. Maybe not with short range battery.
Are some of you actually hoping for signficant extra range?

If the range figure is greater I suspect it will come from the difference between the 334mi EPA rating and the 310mi claim for the long range battery RWD version. Not somehow magical better economy.
Shhhhh, don't make them think about changing their minds and ordering First Production. Some of us are [im]patiently waiting in line behind them.

Line waiter in Buena Park CA here and I can now configure my car. Unfortunately I can’t afford the car they’re offering me, so I will wait.

I reserved at the same location. ~150th (1/2 way in line). Nothing yet. What was your position in line?

Still debating if I should wait a few more weeks if I'm being called upon. On one hand, I want the car ASAP. At same time, I want Tesla to work out the kinks first.

I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd guess a month (or potentially longer) before they get to early online orders.
And unless one is early production non-owner early online, one would have to remember that one would be behind all deferred owners and line-waiters for any given option, especially if RWD SR. (That's my position. I'm expecting to be far back enough that I'll defer indefinitely.)

Last edited:
I reserved at the same location. ~150th (1/2 way in line). Nothing yet. What was your position in line?

Still debating if I should wait a few more weeks if I'm being called upon. On one hand, I want the car ASAP. At same time, I want Tesla to work out the kinks first.
So, you're tired of waiting but want the kinks gone first?
They've got you so you don't know what you're doing.

No idea. It seems like a compromise between the first come first serve, and US first then international. When they initially launched the Model 3 they said it would be North America west to east then it switched to US first, international second so this is a change in tune.

I had been bumped to March-May, but I can now configure! Problem is that I was looking for a new house first so I had a garage. Now I'm not sure what to do!

For maximum excitement, perfectly time the purchases so that you take delivery of the Model 3 the day after you close escrow on your new home. And if the order gets switched by accident, at least you have a back seat that nearly folds flat to hold you over.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Polly Wog