Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Norcal Bay Area Model 3 Tint/PPF Group Buy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I'll take a month long wait over waiting until next year in the case of some shops.

Just found a chip in my paint today and now I am afraid to drive it until I get it wrapped. Do you know if they can do any touch up work before PPF? It is really minor and am tempted to do it myself, but Tesla is not offering repair kit for MCR yet.

That isn't good to hear. Supposed to be getting tint and PPF done on Tuesday, but sounds like that might not be happening.
I don't know. Other people seem to be getting work done except for me. I first contacted Alex on Sept 6, got turned away at my appointment on Sept 18, didn't get a call back to reschedule later that week until I reached out, then didn't call me back the following week until I reach out again, and then didn't call me back this past week until I reached out to him again... Then now, two days later, he texted me back saying that he will reach out to me again this coming Friday to schedule something. We are not off to a good start.

@ken830 Did you get scheduled? I dropped off my car today and Alex mentioned everyone should be re-scheduled now, but let me know if that isn't the case.

The group buy is currently full, but he hasn't time to think of figure out what to do next. My guess is that most likely the prices will go up, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Few thoughts from dropping my car off today:
  • Place looks like a delivery center, Tesla's in every single bay and parked around. Saw a silver being wrapped with carbon fibre, was looking really good
  • New tint guy starting today, the other one has been in and out due to wife being due soon. Also working on hiring more people to keep up with demand
  • Currently booked through 2nd week of November
  • As I was getting ready to head out, someone else who had already had their car done pulled in with the same car as mine and seemed happy overall with the job.
  • I removed the emblems on my own at home and noticed scratches on the back one afterwards, tried my best to polish them out but appears to have been there before I removed them. Alex mentioned he saw the same thing on a few other cars as well.
  • I relayed some of the feedback from the forum about lack of communication and he is working on hiring more help, I suggested texting updates with pics
  • I inspected the seams of other cars on the lot and quality looked very good, excited to see how mine turns out. They remove the side AP cameras to tuck in the wrap.
  • While waiting for my Uber we chatted some more and he mentioned he has been doing this for over 12 years as a business and worked at various places prior to that. He is also able to be competitive with is pricing to the volume of business he does with Xpel
  • They are down the street from the Los Gatos supercharger
  • Will post pictures once I get my car back (next week)

Did anyone got the "Additional Group Buy Incentives" from Alex?, we are close to 20+ bookings, and should have got $400 or at least something off Ceramic Pro. My price for full front PPF with tint $1900 + Ceramic pro $1500 + $100 windshield tint = $3500. No discount on additional group buy incentives.

@ken830 Did you get scheduled? I dropped off my car today and Alex mentioned everyone should be re-scheduled now, but let me know if that isn't the case.

The group buy is currently full, but he hasn't time to think of figure out what to do next. My guess is that most likely the prices will go up, but nothing is confirmed yet.

Few thoughts from dropping my car off today:
  • Place looks like a delivery center, Tesla's in every single bay and parked around. Saw a silver being wrapped with carbon fibre, was looking really good
  • New tint guy starting today, the other one has been in and out due to wife being due soon. Also working on hiring more people to keep up with demand
  • Currently booked through 2nd week of November
  • As I was getting ready to head out, someone else who had already had their car done pulled in with the same car as mine and seemed happy overall with the job.
  • I removed the emblems on my own at home and noticed scratches on the back one afterwards, tried my best to polish them out but appears to have been there before I removed them. Alex mentioned he saw the same thing on a few other cars as well.
  • I relayed some of the feedback from the forum about lack of communication and he is working on hiring more help, I suggested texting updates with pics
  • I inspected the seams of other cars on the lot and quality looked very good, excited to see how mine turns out. They remove the side AP cameras to tuck in the wrap.
  • While waiting for my Uber we chatted some more and he mentioned he has been doing this for over 12 years as a business and worked at various places prior to that. He is also able to be competitive with is pricing to the volume of business he does with Xpel
  • They are down the street from the Los Gatos supercharger
  • Will post pictures once I get my car back (next week)

No... Alex promised that he will call me this Friday (tomorrow) to reschedule after his tint guy is back.

Came across this video and thought I would share. Has anyone who gotten tint notice any big difference with heat? I guess it has been cooling down lately, but would be interested in knowing if the XR+ makes that big of a difference.