Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Normal to have 50 miles in mileage before delivery?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey I just received my final purchase agreement and notice that the ODM reading on the paperwork says 50. I'm guessing this is for testing purposes or have they been having joy rides in the vechile? I bought my last car at 3 miles odometer reading lol.

Whew....what a relief to find this old thread. I turned in my brand new 75D to the auto detailers yesterday, and “checked” on my car today using the Tesla app. I noticed that the mileage was high, considering I’d only had the car for twenty-four hours before turning it over to detailers. Frantically, I started adding up the miles I’d driven, all the while thinking crazy thoughts about “those young punks” at the detail shop taking my car out for a spin!

I could account for all but but 17 miles. So, it sounds about right. No joyriding by detail boys. 50 and 17 over here.

Reactions: SMAlset
We just picked up our MS last week and noticed the same 50 on our paperwork when we got home. We remember during our orientation that our DS had said we had 5 miles on it. We thought maybe it was a typo and actually mentioned this to Telsa's customer service when we called them about activating the mobile app. Seeing this thread and all the replies, I guess it's typical, probably to cover any test drives they might have to do.

Avesraggiana we too had dropped our car off immediately after delivery for FPP and when we got the mobile app activated, checked the car and saw it only had 13 miles on it, which matched up to our calculations driving from Tesla. We were so excited about getting the car that when we got home we realized we had never checked the mileage or the software version. Looks like we have the current version, so nothing to have pushed right now, so happy about that.

Last edited:
Reactions: avesraggiana
My S100D, the first one delivered from my service center as well as one of the first ones produced I believe, was listed at 86 miles but delivered with 104 miles on it. They took it to the local supercharger to charge it right before I picked it up which would account for the difference.
This is the 4th Tesla I have bought, all the others had less than 20 miles on them but were listed at 50.