Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not seeing Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on firmware 2019.7.102. I have a correctly formatted USB that works fine with the dashcam. Tesla chat support says I should have Sentry mode with my firmware. They have had me reboot & poweroff/on the car but still no luck. They are at a loss for why I am not seeing it. Any ideas? thx

I'm on firmware 2019.7.102. I have a correctly formatted USB that works fine with the dashcam. Tesla chat support says I should have Sentry mode with my firmware. They have had me reboot & poweroff/on the car but still no luck. They are at a loss for why I am not seeing it. Any ideas? thx
Schedule service and choose Firmware update. You don’t have to take your car in, they should push the latest version. I got an update in 2 hours. See if that works.

You guys have the AP HW3 that doesn't have dashcam/sentry mode yet. They changed to HW3 10 days ago according to today's presentation for Model 3. So if you just took delivery and the car was built in April you most likely have HW3.

S/X changed to HW3 last month. They have the same issue.

I too recently took delivery. 7.102 had a slew of issues for me. Two cameras failed to calibrate-were stuck in loops. Nav would lose me and freeze. And, yes, no Sentry mode.

7.105 had fixed my camera issue and AP is now working. Nav also appears to be fixed. Still no Sentry.

Dashcam is working fine. Has since 7.102.

Hoping sentry gets fixed soon. I park in a lot of garages and would love the piece of mind.

On a related note, my last model 3- delivered in March-had a much lighter tint in the roof glass. The ring is much darker on the April build. Anyone else notice this?

I too recently took delivery. 7.102 had a slew of issues for me. Two cameras failed to calibrate-were stuck in loops. Nav would lose me and freeze. And, yes, no Sentry mode.

7.105 had fixed my camera issue and AP is now working. Nav also appears to be fixed. Still no Sentry.

Dashcam is working fine. Has since 7.102.

Hoping sentry gets fixed soon. I park in a lot of garages and would love the piece of mind.

On a related note, my last model 3- delivered in March-had a much lighter tint in the roof glass. The ring is much darker on the April build. Anyone else notice this?

Interesting...I had a similar experience with 7.102 as well. Nav would constantly freeze up and show me traveling in the wrong direction at times, and camera calibration was not properly completing causing the adjacent cars not to appear on the screen while driving. Sentry mode was also missing.

Everything except the missing Sentry Mode was corrected by the local SC pushing the current 7.102 FW to the car again, but shortly after that I received the 7.105 update as well. Still missing Sentry Mode, but GPS and car display are now working as expected. Only issue that seems to be happening now is the lane monitoring doesn't notify me when I cross the center line after enabling it.

As far as the roof glass goes, it doesn't appear to have the colored coating like previous models did. I know they made a running change for the back windows, but it looks like the roof glass has also been changed as well now.

FYI from Tesla HQ:

"Thank You for contacting Tesla Service Support! I apologize for any inconvenience this delayed response has caused.
I have just received feedback from our Diagnostics team, they stated that in order to have Sentry Mode active, Tesla has to have Enhanced Autopilot or Full Self-Driving installed on their car. That is the reason why we are not able to see Sentry Mode on your touchscreen. "

I used to have this on a previous firmware. Guess those of us taking newer deliveries with this different firmware branch are or if luck on the features.