Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not seeing Sentry Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As expected, it is because I have HW3. The service rep said they updated my autopilot, just the user interface still shows the old version. My AP behavior is still the same as 2019.7, so I don't think they even did that.

I will have to wait :)

I did get a free car wash though :)

If it helps, apparently 12.1.1 has rolled out to at least 2 HW3 cars according to TeslaFi. Hopefully you won’t have to wait long for the fixes to come in.

My guess would be that they reloaded 2019.7.105 on your car, just because that has fixed a couple of other bugs floating around.

If it helps, apparently 12.1.1 has rolled out to at least 2 HW3 cars according to TeslaFi. Hopefully you won’t have to wait long for the fixes to come in.

My guess would be that they reloaded 2019.7.105 on your car, just because that has fixed a couple of other bugs floating around.
How can you tell via Teslafi that you have a HW3 car? I'm using Teslafi but I don't know where to look to verify whether I have HW3 or not.

I'm on 2019.7.105 and I bought my car on 4/26. My VIN # is in the 199,XXX range.

Hi all,
I got the update to 2019.12.1.1 last night. Got all the remaining new features. Sentry, high speed performance, web browser, stop light warning... All set!
I got the same update last night as well. The only thing that we are missing (that I'm aware of) is no confirmation of lane changes when NOA is engaged. We did get the ability to automatically turn NOA on but we are still missing the "no confirmation" option.

I was hoping that maybe we'd see the enhanced auto summon but it's not there.

New Tesla Mod 3 owner here. Just 7 days ago. Can't record Sentry or Dashcam video. I've formatted my USB flash drive but don't see the 'camera / red dot' icon on the screen. I'm at a loss.... help! Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

You likely don’t have Sentry Mode unless you received an older built model or have already been upgraded to 12.1.1 firmware. 7.102 and 7.105 don’t have this feature built in.

As far as dashcam goes, any flash drove formatted FAT32 with a folder named “TeslaCam” on the root (without the quotes of course) should work just fine. I would also recommend using the GUID/GPT partition map instead of MBR, as this will help with corruption issues when removing the drove from the car.

I got the same update last night as well. The only thing that we are missing (that I'm aware of) is no confirmation of lane changes when NOA is engaged. We did get the ability to automatically turn NOA on but we are still missing the "no confirmation" option.

I was hoping that maybe we'd see the enhanced auto summon but it's not there.

Do you need to be on wifi to get updates? I havent seen an update yet :(

You likely don’t have Sentry Mode unless you received an older built model or have already been upgraded to 12.1.1 firmware. 7.102 and 7.105 don’t have this feature built in.

As far as dashcam goes, any flash drove formatted FAT32 with a folder named “TeslaCam” on the root (without the quotes of course) should work just fine. I would also recommend using the GUID/GPT partition map instead of MBR, as this will help with corruption issues when removing the drove from the car.
I do have Sentry mode. Have activated it several times. I will reformat the USB drive again.

I got my 3 on April the 16th. It has had 2019.7.102 since I got the car. I submitted a support ticket today to the have it updated. Took less than an hour for them to text me saying they are sending the most current update.