Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November / Late November delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yummy :)

kq7n.jpg

I spoke to my DS today. He said my car is in "Pre-Production" even though it shows "Production" on the website. He confirmed that my delivery date is still what he said before it was marked as In Production last Friday but that there is a chance it could come sooner. I was originally a "Late November" delivery so I hope it at least moves back into November.

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package
Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production 11/01 | Projected Delivery 12/06 | Actual Delivery ??/??

I emailed me DS yesterday to find out if my Dashboard was right and if I am actually in Production. This was his response:

"I still show the calculated ready date of 11/23 with our delivery date being 11/25. It looks like it could be finished production this week which could allow us to move delivery forward. Once it finishes being built, we will look to adjust the delivery date. We still need to wait for it to travel from CA."

I feel like I have to read in between the lines a lot with my DS because he doesn't just tell me exactly what is going on. (He may not know) But it seems like he is saying that it will be done this week and then they can readjust the delivery date depending on the auto-transport.

I thought the beginning of waiting sucked but this part at the end is RIDICULOUS ;-)

I emailed me DS yesterday to find out if my Dashboard was right and if I am actually in Production. This was his response:

"I still show the calculated ready date of 11/23 with our delivery date being 11/25. It looks like it could be finished production this week which could allow us to move delivery forward. Once it finishes being built, we will look to adjust the delivery date. We still need to wait for it to travel from CA."

I feel like I have to read in between the lines a lot with my DS because he doesn't just tell me exactly what is going on. (He may not know) But it seems like he is saying that it will be done this week and then they can readjust the delivery date depending on the auto-transport.

I thought the beginning of waiting sucked but this part at the end is RIDICULOUS ;-)

No kidding. :) I've not heard anything out of my DS since 10/25 when I pointed out inconsistencies in my MVPA. His response was that he would be re-filing my paperwork closer to production so that everything was correct. From that I expect I'm still firmly in pre-production based on my order date and the initial out of production on 11/25 that I was given, which should put me in production on or about 11/18. It would've been nice to be in production this week though.

I got my paperwork today. Any progress is exciting when the wait is sooooo horrible!!! Here's to hoping Tesla is under promising (like the 0 - 60 times) and will over deliver and be early.

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package
Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production 11/01 | Projected Delivery 12/06 | Actual Delivery ??/??

Trust your DS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If my DS had anything other than vague information I would do just that. It seems like he believes his only response to my questions are supposed to be vague in order to leave room for any errors that come up. I don't sense that he has any confidence in their ability to stick to a time frame. Too many variables still in the production and delivery process!

Well...my Dashboard just changed back to "Sourcing Parts" after 6 days of "In Production" - this must mean that it's sourcing parts for delivery right? :tongue:

Mine did too. I suspect all the ones that jumped to in production early have changed back now. I'm just going to stick with the original delivery date until my DS tells me otherwise.

He will not really know anything until the car is in actual production. At that point he said he could firm up the delivery date (or let me know if it could be a few days early)

11/04:
TIM: Hey Bob, we have a lot of owners asking when their car is going into production. How do you propose we handle that?
BOB: Don't worry, I'll take care of it. [flips everyone who was "Sourcing Parts" to "In Production"]

Today:
TIM: Hey Bob, what did you do on Monday? The internet just blew up with everyone saying their cars are in production! The DS guys are flipping out!
BOB: Really?!? I didn't think anyone would notice. Ok, i'll change them back.
TIM: We really need to fix this new order tracking system.
BOB: Doing my best Tim, it's taking me a bit longer to learn Office 365 than I originally thought.

11/04:
TIM: Hey Bob, we have a lot of owners asking when their car is going into production. How do you propose we handle that?
BOB: Don't worry, I'll take care of it. [flips everyone who was "Sourcing Parts" to "In Production"]

Today:
TIM: Hey Bob, what did you do on Monday? The internet just blew up with everyone saying their cars are in production! The DS guys are flipping out!
BOB: Really?!? I didn't think anyone would notice. Ok, i'll change them back.
TIM: We really need to fix this new order tracking system.
BOB: Doing my best Tim, it's taking me a bit longer to learn Office 365 than I originally thought.

That's exactly how it went down, too.
"If I flip this switch, watch how many calls we get!"

Mine went back to sourcing parts today as well. I hope these computer glitches are not in my car once I finally get it.

Forwards, then backwards, then forwards, then unsure wouldn't work very well on the highway :smile:
Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production ??/?? | Projected Delivery 12/06 | Actual Delivery ??/??

Our end of line date has always been the 11th, I thought they said the 8th before but I was mistaken. We are back to sourcing parts.

From our ds today.

"The system has been acting up recently and providing wrong information. We are expecting your Model S to go through production next week."