Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

November / Late November delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine, too, went back to Sourcing Parts this morning. It's a minor frustration because we have all been told to disregard the Dashboard information, but my question is: Why bother with it at all if it is just going to be a frustration for the customer???? My DS tells me the system is new and requires a few glitches to be worked out, but really, why not fix it BEFORE putting the system into production? It has been weeks and weeks worth of misrepresentation. No excuse. (OK...:redface: stepping down off the soapbox now...)

I agree, it is frustrating. And it'll remain that way for the next 3-4 weeks. And then it won't matter so much anymore. :) Gotta hold onto that!

Bonus, you're still on for a late Nov delivery so its looking to be an awesome Thanksgiving!

And yay my "View Design" button now shows me with the $3,750 Tech package so the power mirror add finally went through. Is it December yet? :)

Just switched back into Production after the previous website glitch. This time should be for real as its right as it was scheduled.

In Prod.png

I was given "Week of Nov 11 production and Week of Nov 18 completion". Given the previous website glitch I wouldn't worry too much, but calling is probably the best move at this point.

I should be seeing it soon then. Our vin is 13 after yours. Wonder why they told me end of line was the 11th. They gave us the 18-25th delivery on east coast.

We switched to building our Tesla this am. As an investor kinda concerning since our vin is 13 after Kalud's who went into production 3 days ago. This makes me wonder if maybe cars are not sequentially produced.

I think I read something about the Production order as it correlates to VINs in the investor thread and you could be right.

Well...I have some great news - it seems like they are back on schedule and pumping out our cars. Got an email from my DS today and he is bumping up my delivery from 11/25 to 11/19!! That is more in line with the 2 month estimate that is on the Tesla Motors website.

I'll you guys posted of any hiccups or changes along the way. I may as well give up on sleep now.

Got an email from my DS today and he is bumping up my delivery from 11/25 to 11/19!! That is more in line with the 2 month estimate that is on the Tesla Motors website.

I would be really happy with just 2 days early, since I'm taking the whole the week of Thanksgiving off, but my car is not scheduled until Wednesday the 27th.

If it arrived on Monday, I could get the Xpel done that day and still have the whole week to "play" :)

That's a good way to think about it! Are you going into production this week yet?

Production is scheduled to start Monday, according to the original info from my DS.

I'll email him Monday to see if it actually started and see if there is any refinement on the delivery date. I'm trying not to pester him too often, as my impulse is to call daily to see if anything has changed :).

I think I read something about the Production order as it correlates to VINs in the investor thread and you could be right.

Well...I have some great news - it seems like they are back on schedule and pumping out our cars. Got an email from my DS today and he is bumping up my delivery from 11/25 to 11/19!! That is more in line with the 2 month estimate that is on the Tesla Motors website.

I'll you guys posted of any hiccups or changes along the way. I may as well give up on sleep now.

That's great news about getting the car almost a week earlier. Dare I let that rekindle my hope of a before Thanksgiving delivery for mine? (I'd best not) :)

No updated news on mine either Doc. I'm keeping my thoughts positive for both of us :biggrin:

S85 | MC Red | Tan Interior | Tech (w/ Pwr Mirror) | Pano | Sensors | Twin Charger | 19" Primacy | Subzero Weather Package
Deposit 9/22 | Confirm 9/25 | VIN 10/8 - 25679 | Production Due 11/18 | Projected Delivery 12/06 | Actual Delivery ??/??

I received a call from my ds and i was moved from a 11/29 delivery to Dec 3rd.
I'm a bit disappointed because i had a trip planned up to the Bay Area and wanted to do the Bay to LA drive.

P85/Blue/tech/air/parking/19" order date 10/15 del date 11/29 rescheduled to 12/3