Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now that production has resumed, how long before we find out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However long it takes for someone with a drone or long lens camera to catch the first one being loaded onto a truck ...

Built today, maybe a day for the paint to cure?

Of course, all the speculation is on exterior changes ... could be just the rather bland interior.

Few if any are taking delivery in the next few days.
Although you’re right, Byan1232 has a point. If I ordered a model s from the site looking like the current model and at delivery Tesla was giving me a different looking car I might be slightly annoyed if I wasn’t a fan of the updated look.
Heck even right now I can order a model s that still looks the same.

This is why I’m still convinced there’s no refresh coming post shut down. If it was as major as people on here are assuming then Tesla would have updated the site after they shut production down.

Unless of course Tesla doesn’t care about a customer ordering one thing and being delivered something different... which wouldn’t be the first time.

Just don't look under the hood ;)

Tesla-Model-Y-Condenser-2.jpg

Unless of course Tesla doesn’t care about a customer ordering one thing and being delivered something different... which wouldn’t be the first time.

Most would be thrilled to get the new model as a surprise. I’d bet they can find a few of an older version for those that are not.

of course, this only matters if there is a big change coming. I’m not convinced.

Most would be thrilled to get the new model as a surprise. I’d bet they can find a few of an older version for those that are not.

of course, this only matters if there is a big change coming. I’m not convinced.
I disagree, if the rumors of a model 3 like interior coming to the S are true I don’t think many would like that.

Actual improvement yes people would welcome that but something like looks which are subjective I don’t think many would be happy to get something they didn’t order.

I disagree, if the rumors of a model 3 like interior coming to the S are true I don’t think many would like that.

Actual improvement yes people would welcome that but something like looks which are subjective I don’t think many would be happy to get something they didn’t order.

similar with nosecone. Some liked, some didn’t. Once the grumbling was done many people preferred the new model.

sure the model 3 interior might be more polarizing though if they do a single screen only.

similar with nosecone. Some liked, some didn’t. Once the grumbling was done many people preferred the new model.

sure the model 3 interior might be more polarizing though if they do a single screen only.

I think that as long as they don't make it as cheap feeling like the 3 it will probably be well received. Keep the alcantara roof and just generally better quality.

They certainly could be doing that in preparation for using the new large cells. But, wouldn't that require crash testing?
I don't think crash testing is a requirement for sale. The car can be very unsafe and still be sold. There is no certification for minimum crash ratings, and some cars are never crash tested.
Consumer reports says the The Jaguar F-Pace, Land Rover Discovery, and Porsche Macan are among those cars that have never been crash tested.