Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Numerology on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today he's already giving CT updates on confirmation of 4 motor variant being initial production and that it will be able to drive in any direction.

Do you remember when Nikola was hyping their Semi? Elon responded with this tweet on June 10, 2020:

That didn't happen either. Postponed for at least for 2 years after this request for a "max effort". We'll see when production actually starts. They simply DO NOT have the surplus battery cells.

IMO, today's mention of a quad-motor cybertruck is mainly in response to the Rivian et.al production hype. There is no physical way possible to start production of any version of Cybertruck at Austin until its 4680 bty plant is producing cells at volume. Kato Rd at 10GWh/yr max will only produce enough cells for initial production of the Model Y at Austin (and THAT'S a profitable model with PRIORITY over the Cybertruck).

Elon tweeted this on Nov 13, 2021 about recent rumors of Semi production due in response to an appearance on CNBC by the CEO of Pepsi/Fritolay:

AGAIN: CELL SUPPLY. So, some of today is PR, some is hype, but the take away is:
  • CT mass production can not begin until there is sufficient battery supply
  • low volume production is not profitable due to economies of scale
  • CT mass production will not begin until it is profitable
So, despite all the excitement and anticipation, NOTHING we have seen is an indication that Tesla has changed the production intent in their last public statement: End of 2022 to begin CT production; mass production in 2023.

That seems fine to me. Ford will likely STILL not have delivered any electric pickups to customers, based on their latest delay annoucement:

TL;dr It's all about the BATTERIES, and the Austin bty plant is not going to magically produce cells before its construction is complete.

Last edited:
There is no physical way possible to start production of any version of Cybertruck at Austin until its 4680 bty plant is producing cells at volume.
Maybe I completely mis-read @Gigapress ’s post, but my interpretation of their post was just suggesting that the *initial* Cybertruck would be the quad motor, not that they thought Tesla was starting Cybertruck production soon.

You are spot on. Batteries and Gigapress (the actual machines, not @Gigapress) are the big blockers to Cybertruck and neither seems to be in place.

Elon recently tweeted "Laws are on one side, poets on the other", a paraphrase of a quotation from one of his favorite books. If it carries much 12/9 significance I'm not sure.

"We are born adventurers, and the love of adventures never leaves us till we are very old; old, timid men, in whose interest it is that adventure should quite die out. This is why all the poets are on one side, and all the laws on the other; for laws are made by, and usually for, old men"
- Bolitho, from his book Twelve Against the Gods: The Story of Adventure

It's yet another veiled reference to 12/9 (if you squint):

Certain on Twitter: "@adamhoov There “12 Laws of the Universe” and 9 lyric Poets https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nine_Lyric_Poets @elonmusk @WholeMarsBlog" / Twitter

Starting to wonder if Musk is just tossing out random things now and seeing if people can find associations.

FWIW, the last few tweets by Musk I haven’t found any 12/9 references in the time/ date stamps which seemed consistent before.

More bathroom humor, but date time stamp doesn’t match the previous pattern.

Starting to wonder if Musk is just tossing out random things now and seeing if people can find associations.

FWIW, the last few tweets by Musk I haven’t found any 12/9 references in the time/ date stamps which seemed consistent before.

Well, there are 12 urinals in the picture

hmmm.. for "double meaning" to have a double meaning (2), it must have a single meaning (1). There's 1 and 2 or 12. There are 9 words in the above quoted post. All signs point to 12/9. It's just science at this point.

ps - there are 12 letters in "whackadoodle", thus reinforcing the message.

:cool:
clap.gif

Maybe Tesla will do a tokenized dividend like OSTK did last year?

Maybe the BTC purchase has another role other than just a hedge against inflation?
Also fun fact: OSTK issued its digital dividend through a crypto exchange called tZERO. Sounds familiar? Also, the judge's name in this case was Kimball.

Last edited:

Now that the 12/09 meme is out, it would make sense to throw the SEC off and bathroom humour is just perfect for that.

No SEC lawyer wants to be remembered for arguing about Tweeter bathroom jokes, it would be a career suicide.

I see this Tweet as a type of SEC litigation vaccine.

To people who have studied Elon for a lot longer than I: is he the type of person who would troll for sugar and gummy bear? Since he is intentionally playing along with the speculation, how likely is it that something big is going to happen? Please answer this question as if you never knew about the 12/9 date or anything related to it.

To people who have studied Elon for a lot longer than I: is he the type of person who would troll for sugar and gummy bear? Since he is intentionally playing along with the speculation, how likely is it that something big is going to happen? Please answer this question as if you never knew about the 12/9 date or anything related to it.

“Greater than 0”?

Please answer this question as if you never knew about the 12/9 date or anything related to it.

There's no question about "if" a stock split is coming: Elon all but confirmed that in Oct during the 2021 AGM. When asked if Tesla would do another stock split, Elon said "not just yet".

The only question is "when" will the stock split happen. It's fair to speculate, and natural to use all available clues.

Meanwhile, shortzes'n'hedgies proceed as if the world is flat, and the sky is hollow.

Last edited: