Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Numerology on Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 sticks with 1 stone for 5 shells?

21.5.? ;)

The Stone Age Did Not End Because the World Ran Out of Stones, and the Oil Age Will Not End Because We Run Out of Oil

The meme reference to "a stick with a stone" could easily be grouped to refer to a single object, which could be a stone axe:

When I bought a stick with a stone for 10 shells, and the next day it costs 5 shells.jpg

Then the interpretation of Elon's meme takes on some nuance: the 'old, primitive' way of building things (ICE cars) must give way to new, modern EVs because the COST of the new tech will go down by a factor of 2 (10 shells yesterday, 5 shells today). It's economics.

Cheers!

Sounds like Elon's done selling:

On Tuesday, Musk sold another 583,611 shares, bringing the total number of shares he has offloaded to 13.5 million - about 80% of what he had planned to sell.

"I sold enough stock to get to around 10% plus the option exercise stuff and I tried to be extremely literal here," he said in the interview with satirical website Babylon Bee.

When asked whether he sold the stock because of the Twitter poll, he said he needed to exercise stock options that are expiring next year "no matter what." He also added that he sold an additional "incremental stock" to get near 10%.

So there's that. ;)

Cheers!

So there's that. ;)

Cheers!
I'm not so sure on that. [based on Reuters/ Bee]
The Bee interview was recorded Sunday, further 10b5-1 option exercise and tax sales occured Tuesday.
In that quote Elon calls out that selling previously owned shares distinctly from sales to cover taxes on option exercise.

I sold *plus* the exercise stuff.

I'm not so sure on that. [based on Reuters/ Bee]
The Bee interview was recorded Sunday, further 10b5-1 option exercise and tax sales occured Tuesday.
Yeah, Elon tweeted "I will pay over $11B in taxes". That's a 'forward looking statement'. He likely knew the terms of his own 10b5-1 plan, and his staff have a running total of withholding taxes from his sales. ;)

f96ba4f2-38d7-4d04-ba81-ad843b3af684_text[1].gif

In that quote Elon calls out that selling previously owned shares distinctly from sales to cover taxes on option exercise.

I sold *plus* the exercise stuff.

Clearly true! Market agrees too.

Cheers!

Yeah, Elon tweeted "I will pay over $11B in taxes". That's a 'forward looking statement'. He likely knew the terms of his own 10b5-1 plan, and his staff have a running total of withholding taxes from his sales. ;)

View attachment 746985

Clearly true! Market agrees too.

Cheers!
Lost today??
So confused.
Are you saying the interview indicated he was done with all types of sales or not?
We know that, as of the time of recording, he was not done. Based on an agreed time of release of the interview, he have been, but that is yet to be determined.
If you meant "done selling" only in the context of sales from the Trust, and not option exercise (which also involves sales, but non-discretionary), then I agree he is done.

Reactions: Artful Dodger
No, let's not let the numerology begin, it's like a "tax on communication" for TSLA investors.

Earnings release on Tuesday January 25th doesn't make much sense either, I'm expecting Wednesday January 19th.

Won't be the 3rd Wed in Jan due to it being the 10-K reporting cycle. Maybe 4th Wed (which would be Jan 26), however we are expecting Elon on this quarterly conference call so the normal corporate routine may be out the window again to accomodate his schedule.

...and, I don't think it makes one whit of difference when the call comes. The results will be the same, nomatter. ;)

Cheers!