Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

@nuts opinion on Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
anyone thinking about buying a tesla, think again. lease it, or avoid it altogether.

semi-bad build quality + bad customer service + horrible insurance rates (artificially generated by Tesla) = not so hot experience all around. Especially for new models like the model Y i'm pretty sure its going to be a repeat of the model 3 -- they are going to rush production 100% hands down, which equates to poor build quality.

Tesla is still a tech company at heart and they havent figured out how important customer loyalty and satisfaction is just yet.

anyone thinking about buying a tesla, think again. lease it, or avoid it altogether.

semi-bad build quality + bad customer service + horrible insurance rates (artificially generated by Tesla) = not so hot experience all around. Especially for new models like the model Y i'm pretty sure its going to be a repeat of the model 3 -- they are going to rush production 100% hands down, which equates to poor build quality.

Tesla is still a tech company at heart and they havent figured out how important customer loyalty and satisfaction is just yet.
@nuts has a fitting name, as he likely is losing his mind after shorting the stock just as TSLA flew past $500...$600...heading to Mars! :p My 3 built a year ago is the best car ever designed/built...not a single defect after 16k joyous miles driven :cool:

Yes, Tesla is a tech company and stock price acts like it. I sure hope you are not short. Many people shorted Apple, Amazon and Netflix during their growth phases thinking they were way overvalued.

We have two early build Model 3s (VIN numbers 18xxx and 56xxx). Call us VERY loyal and VERY satisfied.

• Disagree
Reactions: jsight

What actual experience do you have with Tesla products? Stock shares don't count.

semi-bad build quality + bad customer service + horrible insurance rates (artificially generated by Tesla) .....

You need to find a new insurance company as Tesla has NOTHING to do with insurance rates offered by the by every insurance company not named Tesla, which as a Calif resident, you should know. (State law limits what insurers can use in their pricing algorithms.)

OP: with the more headroom, did you happen to notice if the seat controls would allow you to raise the seat more (higher)?

You need to find a new insurance company as Tesla has NOTHING to do with insurance rates offered by the by every insurance company not named Tesla, which as a Calif resident, you should know. (State law limits what insurers can use in their pricing algorithms.)

Nothing? That's a tad shortsighted isn't it? They control both the part costs and the repair costs through their authorized repair shop network. If you think that's NOTHING, you lead an interesting life and perhaps a different reality than the rest of us.

P.S. I am insured through Tesla and their B.S. clown answer of screwing their entire insurance base by forcing them to go self-register their insurance with the DMV in person is such a sick joke.

For whats it's worth, if you are a Tesla fan boy/girl, I get it... but just because you haven't had any issues at all isn't indicative of the rest of the community. And before you get on that high horse, I realize mine isnt either, except others are in the same boat as me, unfortunately.

@nuts has a fitting name, as he likely is losing his mind after shorting the stock just as TSLA flew past $500...$600...heading to Mars! :p My 3 built a year ago is the best car ever designed/built...not a single defect after 16k joyous miles driven :cool:
This would be referred to as "exception to the rule", are you seriously gonna sit here and deny the TONS of reviews, articles and even responses from Musk himself over the Model 3 launch?? Why exactly do you think it was stated that build quality appears superior coming out of the Shanghai factory? Christ, you can't even get through a Youtube review of one without even diehard fanboys mentioning the mediocre build quality or customer service as a 'con'. This is why they've been reporting that there have been improvements coming off the Model 3 lines, because they had to rush them out to make some much needed cash (remember the build tents?).

Just take a glance over at the S and X boards to see how many are complaining that since the 3 launched they basically have been pushed aside with their concerns because of the sheer volume, what exactly do you think is gonna happen to those very same 3 owners when the Y sells double or triple that...and no real growth plans for service centers any time soon?! Great, add more superchargers but keep the repair centers overcrowded with reported delays of weeks if not months.

Not good.

hmmm. Nuts makes some valid points. However, despite the inevitable problems of any new company, I'm still sold on the company, and have a model Y on order. Let's ask Mr. Nuts if he is a short seller.

Reactions: kayak1
Nothing? That's a tad shortsighted isn't it? They control both the part costs and the repair costs through their authorized repair shop network. If you think that's NOTHING, you lead an interesting life and perhaps a different reality than the rest of us.

P.S. I am insured through Tesla and their B.S. clown answer of screwing their entire insurance base by forcing them to go self-register their insurance with the DMV in person is such a sick joke.

If you insured thru Tesla, it must have been the best rate that you could find. In other words, market competition works. If you wanted to pay another insurer, they would have registered for you. You chose Tesla insurance instead (presumably to save yourself some money). With Tesla Insurance comes Tesla customer support, or lack thereof.

btw: don't forget your Tesla body repairs costs are only part of the insurance quote -- liability for and from the other guy is also a big part and that has nothing to do with Tesla per se. That's primarily your driving record per CA law.

Definitely your opinion and no where near the opinion of hundreds of thousands of owners and reality.

There are LOTs of great build quality cars coming off the line. EVERY manufacturer has some issues.
I had a friend that just got a Model 3, coming from a 2006 Honda. She ended up paying only about $100 per year more in insurance!!!
I could have sworn that a recent survey showed that Tesla had the BEST brand loyalty than any other car company.

Your's is definitely not the opinion of the masses. (And probably similar to the billions lost by shorts over the last few weeks!!!)

Since I agree everyone with an opinion is worth listening to I went back and check @nuts history to make sure I feel I get the full story. Now that I've gone through that history, I strongly feel that @nuts needs to sell his tesla and buy from a different car maker. Most who buy a new (or new to them) brag about it. That story may change over time as problems with any car can creep up.

In the case of @nuts, there appears to be no positive posts leading me to believe they either really don't like their car and want to share that information (valid) or don't like the company for some reason and are trying to convince others for personal or financial reasons (not valid).

In this case the "block" feature in my opinion is appropriate and I will be using it for the first time since joining this site now.

The opinions in this post may not reflect everyone's feelings and all sides should be taken in to consideration before acting.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC

You’re correct on everything except the insurance rates.

Username checks out.:rolleyes:

Tesla critics are very loud but a tiny minority. Bloomberg’s recent Model 3 survey backs this up:
  • 99% of Model 3 owners would recommend the Model 3 to friends and family,
  • 98% would buy again and
  • 97.5% said the Model 3 was as reliable or more reliable than their previous cars. Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

There is every reason to expect Model Y owners to be as happy with their cars as Model 3 owners.

EJMQaSzWwAEaiKK