Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Subwoofer Install with pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In case it helps anyone else in future, below is the final wiring diagram for a Model S w/premium audio. For me, the most difficult thing was getting the panel off below the steering wheel (no real trick, just a plastic pry and brute force), and then dealing with all the wires; I'd already used the space for all my radar detector wires and speaker. finally, wiring everything into the amp at the back of the frunk cubby required me to bend in ways I no longer bend.

I'm still messing with the settings; so will reserve judgement. During set-up, I noticed that my front right speaker(s) (if I move the speaker nav all the way to the top-right) sound like an AM radio, so I think they might be blown. I don't know when this happened; the SC worked on the passenger door a few weeks ago, so it could be a lose connection. Either way, it's nothing to do with me, I wasn't over that side, but I might have to prove that! Overall though, the sub appears to add a good amount of depth to the audio, without being boomy and OTT.

View attachment 92881

Pete8314,

I just ordered and received the NVX full kit. Thanks for this awesome diagram! It is extremely helpful. Although I don't have the UHFS in my Model S, just the base system. I think everything should be same except that I would tap into the front speakers wires to the LC2i in lieu of the OEM sub wires that you show on your diagram, correct? Also, did you provide your own power and ground wires for the LC2i? Doesn't appear the kit came with one unless missing from my order. Thanks!

It's been a while (and I've changed cars), but a see two rolls of black and red wire in my garage, and I vaguely recall I needed those (and an in-line fuse) for the power feed to the LC2i. I'm not certain about tapping into the front speaker, but I think you're right; if recall correctly, you tap the + from one side, and - from the other to get a balanced line feed for the sub. Good luck.....it's a full days' project, at least it was for me!

The kit from NVX comes with an AudioControl lc2i. We used the front speakers to the Lc2i, then rca's from the lc2i to the amp in the back.
What is the purpose of the lc2i?

Can the NVX Sub be used without it?

Anyone use a different brand amp with NVX Sub?

I got the kit, but wondering about using a different amp. Looking for something with more reliable quality without breaking the bank

What is the purpose of the lc2i?

Can the NVX Sub be used without it?

Anyone use a different brand amp with NVX Sub?

I got the kit, but wondering about using a different amp. Looking for something with more reliable quality without breaking the bank
My understanding is that it a better way to convert line level signals to rca. There are adjustments for bass roll off and gain, as well as additional pass through outputs for full range rca signals as well. I will say though that the left channel on mine died so I'm not entirely impressed with the thing.

My understanding is that it a better way to convert line level signals to rca. There are adjustments for bass roll off and gain, as well as additional pass through outputs for full range rca signals as well. I will say though that the left channel on mine died so I'm not entirely impressed with the thing.
You lost your normal speakers left channel? My AMP died 3 days into using. Waiting for RMA replacement.