Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NZ car of the year voting lines open (win $5000 charge)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$5000 of charge credit would probably last someone the life of their car lol. At the current prices (85c/kWh for Hyperchargers), it would take my car 79.5 full charges of its 74kWh pack to consume that much credit
Very true... hopefully no expiration date...
If I win, will happily share with you...
Unless, receive my Cybertruck shortly and drive that around Camp mode...

RAV4 takes it

Which is an interesting outcome, given a couple of colleagues have the RAV4 hybrid and it gets much worse fuel economy than a diesel. Why some folks would wait until 2024 to receive a vehicle with 1995-era hybrid technology is simply baffling.

It’s also mind boggling that Ford Ranger can get top spot - under the CCS these kinds of vehicles will kill Ford and Toyota in NZ within a few years. And where pray tell are the hybrid utes? The LDV T60 EV Ute might be a poor initial offering, but the signs are there that 3.0L diesel utes are becoming obsolescent.

And of course Model Y gets the lame-ass ‘Safest Vehicle’ Award, because Mr Linklater & team can’t stand anything Tesla. The Atto3 was deserving though.

Last edited:
Reactions: m3lol