Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Object thrown out of truck window strikes my window (Analysis required)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had an amazing trip in my Tesla to Scotland and will speak about it later. However on the way back home my screen was struck by an object while I was overtaking 2 trucks. I caught the object in my peripheral vision it looked like a bolt or large screw. It was about head height of my partner and struck the window hard at 70mph. Leaving the damage in the picture below. I have the video of the event and you need to watch it from 20 seconds in slow motion. It looks like the object is thrown out of the window and then it is quickly closed. No one was hurt and the glass did not crack. Tell me your views on this incident? More than once I have had cigarettes thrown out of the window from trucks while I overtake when they are going 55. All recorded thanks to sentry cam.

Damage Picture:

glass impact.jpg

The trajectory I see would require a left seated unsub to, lob this object up and over the front of his truck.
I see only an open "down and out" sloping horizontal vent window below the main window for the right seated position.

Good for you it didn't break.

Attachments

• tesla_projectile.jpg
    tesla_projectile.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 63
Reactions: CertLive
The trajectory I see would require a left seated unsub to, lob this object up and over the front of his truck.
I see only an open "down and out" sloping horizontal vent window below the main window for the right seated position.

Good for you it didn't break.

Highly likely now I have seen it in negative colour. Thank You for your input.

Last edited:
Super unclear where that object came from in the video. If it was thrown by the driver in the white truck, it was meant to hit the other truck and you got caught in the crossfire.

With that poor video quality, you won't get far with any legal action.

Super unclear where that object came from in the video. If it was thrown by the driver in the white truck, it was meant to hit the other truck and you got caught in the crossfire.

With that poor video quality, you won't get far with any legal action.

If its random then fair enough, but the way it looks like it is thrown out and then the sudden windows closure I guess you see why I speculate. Try this link for the direct download: http://www.filedropper.com/2020-03-0417-40-21-front

If its random then fair enough, but the way it looks like it is thrown out and then the sudden windows closure I guess you see why I speculate. Try this link for the direct download: http://www.filedropper.com/2020-03-0417-40-21-front

Downloaded the video. After looking at it in full res, I don't think the window of the driver was ever down. It's the reflection of the bridge going across the window that makes it look like the window is rolling up.

Case closed.

He's in the UK, the truck in the middle lane is clear to move back to the left, so the truck in the left lane flashed him to let him know.

Yeah, but the truck in the center lane flashed his lights first for what seemed like no reason at 14 seconds. He was side by side with the other truck at that point, so the truck next to him wouldn't have even seen that flash.

Yeah, but the truck in the center lane flashed his lights first for what seemed like no reason at 14 seconds. He was side by side with the other truck at that point, so the truck next to him wouldn't have even seen that flash.
I thought he was flashing the Tesla, in order to get him to move out of the middle lane.