Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Twice now my edd has moved up to within one day. Yesterday it was 5/17 to 5/30 and then changed to 5/14 to 5/24 last night. It moves up but still no vin, i find that so weird. After that happened the first time I was sure I was going to get a VIN

He / she is not alone.
In pretty much exact same situation as you ...

order date - Oct 11 2021
MYLR - Black on Black with 20" induction - no tow and no fsd

i as well completed my profile in March as I didn't know that was a thing ... I bought a Model S back in 2017 and there was no such thing as Profile completion back then ... purchased in Oct and received in December as mentioned on ordering page

my current EDD sits at August 19 - Sept 30 ....

been in communication with SA to see if something can be done ... pretty ridiculous ...

Reactions: cc333
In pretty much exact same situation as you ...

order date - Oct 11 2021
MYLR - Black on Black with 20" induction - no tow and no fsd

i as well completed my profile in March as I didn't know that was a thing ... I bought a Model S back in 2017 and there was no such thing as Profile completion back then ... purchased in Oct and received in December as mentioned on ordering page

my current EDD sits at August 19 - Sept 30 ....

been in communication with SA to see if something can be done ... pretty ridiculous ...
Let me know... I let them know my SA / how I was caught off guard by misinformed (initially told me to leave financing blank as it will rerun my credit) so I left profile blank until I came to here finding out it must be filled out) also never checked in on me about missing stuff / profile after I ordered, now they are refusing to own up their mistake and instead keep telling me the same generic BS nothing can be done, doing everything they can, telling me to stay off the forums, etc. My initial EDD was May then moved to June, after "profile" it was August - September camp. Very pissed, made plans during summer for the vehicle, now it's after summer & interest rate hikes too.

Doesn't make any sense ... there are orders from November December and January ... that are not Performance models that are getting VINs ... yet other people in Sept and Oct are still waiting ... if my EDD doesn't change, I am pretty much going to get my Y a full year after ordering it

Doesn't make any sense ... there are orders from November December and January ... that are not Performance models that are getting VINs ... yet other people in Sept and Oct are still waiting ... if my EDD doesn't change, I am pretty much going to get my Y a full year after ordering it
Yep, so disappointing. We are 6 weeks away from Q2 ending, I have no hope that I will get the MY by EOQ push.

Same I literally see people here getting the same build living in the same state just 30 miles north of me getting their car. The only differences is they ordered just a week earlier than me, but a week should not be a season / quarter in difference. Really pissed off if it was the dumb profile.

There are people with the same build as several of us who ordered in f*cking December getting VINs. There was someone who called the Tesla number, changed their order to black interior (I was told this would delay delivery BY Tesla) and got a VIN the same day. This is completely insane.

WTF is going on???

There are people with the same build as several of us who ordered in f*cking December getting VINs. There was someone who called the Tesla number, changed their order to black interior (I was told this would delay delivery BY Tesla) and got a VIN the same day. This is completely insane.

WTF is going on???
Yep my SA keeps telling me no has any idea what is going on, doing everything that can... so what is their jobs?

WTF is going on???
While agree that is is unfair, there are more factors than just order date. Delivery location is also a key factor, for slower DC, someone father back in the queue may get an order sooner, just so they can fill the truck to the DC. Busier DCs have the opposite problem. Orders are delayed because they can only deliver so many cars to a single DC. Their lots get full and takes time to empty them.

Profile complete date that lots of us got screwed on is yet another factor. That one shot have been the easiest to fix.

Sorry you are so upset, but I am sure you will get your car soon. If all goes well, I will take delivery 258 days after ordering