Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN! 🎉 F448xxx, EDD June 2-6.
I was encouraged by seeing others with the same config get VINs today, and then clued in tonight that something might be different when the dashboard page showed "2022 Tesla Model Y" -- where previously I think it only showed "Tesla Mo
I was encouraged by seeing others with the same config get VINs today, and then clued in tonight that something might be different when the dashboard page showed "2022 Tesla Model Y" -- where previously I think it only showed "Tesla Model Y"...
Congratulations 🎊 Do your car has 19 inches or 20 inches wheel?

I was encouraged by seeing others with the same config get VINs today, and then clued in tonight that something might be different when the dashboard page showed "2022 Tesla Model Y" -- where previously I think it only showed "Tesla Model Y"...
So update came tonight....... well.... I thought folks generally get it early morning.

So update came tonight....... well.... I thought folks generally get it early morning.
Not sure if you'll are just getting time to update here on this forum or update showing up on your app tonight. Either way I'm refreshing.
I checked in the late afternoon, I forget what time but probably after 5pm ET, and had no VIN. Then I checked again around 9pm ET and had a VIN. Yes, at some point it looked like a pattern

I found the VIN on the web, not the app, and posted relatively quickly after finding it. My Tesla app doesn't show my wife's order -- we have two separate accounts with Tesla, and we haven't done the cross-authorization yet -- we're planning to take care of that after delivery. She almost never wants to drive my car, but I'm sure I'll be driving hers at least occasionally.

Great to see so many getting VINs and cars. Hopefully the VIN wait for those remaining is very very short. We've been enjoying our MY and the kids are desperate for any excuse to go on a drive :D. I did have to make my first service appointment. It was very painless via the app and I am scheduled for a mobile visit on May 25. I have 2 current issues:

• Rear buttons to fold the 2nd row seats are not working. They simply don't do anything. Don't hear any sort of mechanical actuation at all. Not a super big deal because the buttons on the top of the seats work fine to adjust the back-rest or drop the seat.
  • One of the coat hangers in the rear stopped folding back up and latching when pushed in. Thanks to my kids for reporting on that as they were fidgeting about in the back.

Nothing serious and if the mobile tech can fix these issues easily, I'll be very happy. It is a bit disappointing to see such issues out the door with a new car, but I'll take these over any sort of electrical/drive-train issues. Fortunately I have had no creaks or rattles, and I've been very pleased with ride quality and noise isolation as well.

Reactions: Tnmansfield
View attachment 805960

So it's here! I can finally stop complaining now (thanks for listening to my rant), but there are panel gaps, but they told that is not something they can fix. A few question, is there anyways to adjust sentry mode sensitivity? Also, those who lives in the NYC area, any Tesla friendly suggestions / locations for car wash? Trying to find a place without too much chemicals that will harm the paint & the sensors.
She looks great. my exact config and wish she was in my driveway. Maybe tomorrow. Congrats to you.

Reactions: cc333
Insurance/Delivery Question: Tesla SA told us (via email) yesterday to put the start date on our insurance to the day before scheduled delivery, but we only have the estimated delivery date (June 1-5) so far. I'm guessing we just put the date as 05/31, send it to our Tesla account and hope they schedule us for 6/1 (the start of the window)? Sounds like a chicken or egg thing. I told my wife we should put today's date, and maybe we'll have the car tomorrow? LOL. (ok, who am I kidding after the 220+ day wait for a VIN)

Reactions: Tezla.
On the front, everything is fine, exception on one of the side of the pillars. The rear that's when stuff gets a bit bad. One door isn't flushed while the other is, but then the rear pillar isn't aligned on the other door even though it's flushed.
I heard Fremont is pumping out cars like crazy which means QC will be down. I suppose they are trying to make up for some of the Shanghai shutdown. It seems that they are okay with sending these out and having service centers fix.

The big problem for wait times? Texas isn't delivering any cars that people have been waiting for. They decided to manufacture a short range expensive version of the Y first. Talk about a debacle.

Reactions: Tezla. and PeteOC
Insurance/Delivery Question: Tesla SA told us (via email) yesterday to put the start date on our insurance to the day before scheduled delivery, but we only have the estimated delivery date (June 1-5) so far. I'm guessing we just put the date as 05/31, send it to our Tesla account and hope they schedule us for 6/1 (the start of the window)? Sounds like a chicken or egg thing. I told my wife we should put today's date, and maybe we'll have the car tomorrow? LOL. (ok, who am I kidding after the 220+ day wait for a VIN)
Some insurance companies will let you declare a start date and then update it later once you actually have a firm delivery date. I think they'll even let you do it retroactively as long as you have documentation of the delivery date. That's what we're planning to do with USAA -- my wife put the first day of our current window (June 2) as the effective date for now.

Reactions: lost_sailor