Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Glad you had no issues. I put in a ticket and 6 weeks before I could get an appointment. Problem is, one is required for mobile not in service center, yet it’s mixed in with other items. When they reached out for more info on my issues, I asked about the mobile appt and got a vague answer. Hate to wait 6 weeks, only get some things done then have to wait again to get the mobile appt
what were the issues you got stuck with? picking up shortly and its starting to sound like the defect rate has risen again out of Fremont and transport etc

Got text last night to schedule delivery...it offered me at home delivery even though I am less than 5 mi from local service center in Eden Prairie...actually at home seemed to be the only option. Scheduled earliest DD which was June 8th. Texted SA about mud flaps and PPF and he confirmed both.

Details from my signature for mobile users:
MYLR5 |WHITE | BLACK | 19" Gemini | TOW | No FSD - cash, no trade
OD 10/9/21 - EDD 3/1-3/29, 2/10-3/10, 4/20-5/18, 5/10-6/27, 5/15-5/29 5/20-6/3-
5/18 VIN F450XXX, EDD 5/31-6/4 5/23 at home delivery scheduled for 6/8
Congrats!

I had heard that mud flaps are included for MN purchases, but I had not heard about PPF. What do they include for PPF for MN deliveries?

Well, I got an email on Tuesday night that I did not see because I was busy and it was from one of the SA that I have been talking to. She informed me that she had a customer that was not able to pick up their car because they were away and they decided to skip for the next one. The VIN is F418 so it is older. I asked her if it was one of the cars that had the missing charging port ECU and she played dumb and did not know what I meant (LOL). With that old of a VIN? Oh well. It is not my exact specs but it is close enough. My original order was MYLR, White/Black, 20", Tow, No-FSD. Then I changed it because of the November EDD to a MYP, White/Black, No-tow, not-fsd. The config that I am getting is (amazing), MYLR, Blue/White, 19, tow, No-FSD. The only thing I am not happy about is the white interior even though I think it looks amazing. I am a Hydraulic maintenance tech and I get dirty. I am just going to have to be on my game to keep it clean. I am really appreciative for everyone on here for all the information that you all have provided! I pick the car up tomorrow at Noon. Hopefully there are no issues with it being older.

Reactions: Tezla. and PeteOC
Got VIN today and they ask for schedule to delivery. Do you know there is additional charge for home delivery?
Tesla delivery options include:
“Express Delivery” for “the best Tesla experience” where you go pick it up.
“Tesla Direct” brings it to you (if you’re close by) for free (I think?)
“Carrier Direct” is available (only if you’re over 200 miles away), for an extra cost (mine was $750+tax), and they assign a “3rd party carrier“ to deliver it to you.

Reactions: Jeremiah29.11
Thanks, yeah found the same info, but there's really no online application or emailing and instead do an old method of mailing. Seems like a long slow process. Just trying to pick brains and see if there's a quicker way to do it.
Yes, I called and was told it CAN be done by logging in to your account on
e-zpassny.com
I believe there is a “contact form”available, where you can request the “green” tag, and provide proof by uploading your registration.
I’m still waiting for my registration to do it, but I’ll update with specifics after that (if needed?)😉

Reactions: VeekayMybalckY
what were the issues you got stuck with? picking up shortly and its starting to sound like the defect rate has risen again out of Fremont and transport etc
Mine were fairly minor. Plastic Cover above accelerator is loose and can hang near break. Also, one small misalignment by rear wheel.

5172CC98-2699-4D61-A699-DC01D6206AF5.jpeg
DC83CC42-FB11-4410-9FB4-9E67139C9C7E.jpeg

Well, I got an email on Tuesday night that I did not see because I was busy and it was from one of the SA that I have been talking to. She informed me that she had a customer that was not able to pick up their car because they were away and they decided to skip for the next one. The VIN is F418 so it is older. I asked her if it was one of the cars that had the missing charging port ECU and she played dumb and did not know what I meant (LOL). With that old of a VIN? Oh well. It is not my exact specs but it is close enough. My original order was MYLR, White/Black, 20", Tow, No-FSD. Then I changed it because of the November EDD to a MYP, White/Black, No-tow, not-fsd. The config that I am getting is (amazing), MYLR, Blue/White, 19, tow, No-FSD. The only thing I am not happy about is the white interior even though I think it looks amazing. I am a Hydraulic maintenance tech and I get dirty. I am just going to have to be on my game to keep it clean. I am really appreciative for everyone on here for all the information that you all have provided! I pick the car up tomorrow at Noon. Hopefully there are no issues with it being older.
You never know, F418 may just be early enough before Fremont really started cranking and turning out cars with more problems than usual. Let's hope this is the case. Congrats.

Reactions: Tezla. and BWags
For those taking delivery soon. When you uploaded and entered your insurance info did you get a green check? My 6 month insurance is set to expire July 28 and after uploading it says it’s expiring soo and ask me to update it.
Yes got a check. Make sure it meets the 3 days before delivery window and 60 days after (last day of window) requirement. Have your insurance agent send you a temporary card, worked for me.