Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect it will come with it, since you ordered 280+ days ago.

Here's what I did. Wrote my Tesla rep at the local pickup point via text msg--a couple of days ago--and just asked about "what kind of charger cord comes standard with my car", answered with "the 110 volt bundle with a J1772 adapter" and said it would fit all the adapters at `Gen 2 NEMA Adapters`

I pick my Model Y LR today, so we'll see if what he told me is the actual "what they do." (I ordered Oct 2021)
Here's my calculation: if it does still come with it (like I expected), then Tesla just gave me $200 extra for no reason and I got a free backup mobile connector to keep in the car. If it doesn't then I will actually have something to charge my car with when I pick it up Tuesday (if it ships in time). Given the way Tesla changes things on the fly (like giving all of us late-August LR customers matrix headlights because they ran out of regular ones), I wouldn't be surprised if they ran out of mobile connectors and this was their solution.

Reactions: JDEWD250
Question on you guys with October orders….a friend of mine ordered her MY; hers I believe late September maybe to mid October…. I’m not sure of the exact OD but it was around that time. Her only added option is the 7 seats. She moved from Illinois to Texas end of January and she still does not have any VIN she just got pushed all the way to October from an August EDD. Does moving affected here EDD or the 7 seat option is just really taking a backseat( pardon the pun) and getting pushed. 2 more month and she’ll be in a year of waiting.

Question on you guys with October orders….a friend of mine ordered her MY; hers I believe late September maybe to mid October…. I’m not sure of the exact OD but it was around that time. Her only added option is the 7 seats. She moved from Illinois to Texas end of January and she still does not have any VIN she just got pushed all the way to October from an August EDD. Does moving affected here EDD or the 7 seat option is just really taking a backseat( pardon the pun) and getting pushed. 2 more month and she’ll be in a year of waiting.
Most likely the 7 seat option is pushing her back but she does need to contact Tesla either service center or main number to make sure her profile information is updated correctly as it needs to match at time of pick up of the vehicle. Also have them check and make sure everything in her profile looks okay and that is not the cause of the delays.

Reactions: slvervper99
What has everyone's experience been once they get a VIN? Right now I am impatiently waiting for the ability to schedule my pickup. I have a date range of next week and it says "check back later" to schedule pickup. I have seen others post about getting updates on it being built or leaving the factory. I am curious if the app tells you this or a SA. Also, when do get contacted by a SA? I have yet to get one. Emails to the nearest delivery center (Rogers, MN) so far have been ignored. Just looking to understand what I can expect next.

Reactions: Aviateur17
What has everyone's experience been once they get a VIN? Right now I am impatiently waiting for the ability to schedule my pickup. I have a date range of next week and it says "check back later" to schedule pickup. I have seen others post about getting updates on it being built or leaving the factory. I am curious if the app tells you this or a SA. Also, when do get contacted by a SA? I have yet to get one. Emails to the nearest delivery center (Rogers, MN) so far have been ignored. Just looking to understand what I can expect next.
8/9/22 - VIN
8/11/22 - text that car is leaving factory
8/17/22 9AM - I proactively sent them a text to send me the scheduling link
8/17/22 10AM - They sent the scheduling link via same text message thread
8/19/22 - car was not on service center lot
8/20/22 - car was not on service center lot
(future) 8/22/22 - will check later today to see if I can pick up the car
(future) 8/23/22 - scheduled to pick up vehicle at 1PM - Rogers, MN

If you want I can ask them about your ignored emails when I stop by later today.

• Love
Reactions: MizzleD
I got my VIN on 8/15, got a text on 8/16 that the car was leaving the factory, and i received a text to set my delivery date on 8/18.

Figured I would post this for those are waiting or are getting close; here is my Tesla timeline:

Order Date - 10/3/2021

Original EDD - April 2022
10/5 - March 20 to April 17
10/12 - March 6 to April 3
Early Jan - June
2/13 - Feb 27 to March 13
2/18 - June
2/22 - June 20 to July 18
2/26 - June
3/12 - September 18 to October 16
3/28 - June
3/29 - August 30 to October 25
5/11 - August 26 to October 7
5/25 - June 3 to June 14
5/30 - September 4 to October 16
6/15 - October 7 to November 18
6/22 - September 12 to October 24
7/12 - October 15 to November 26
7/18 - September 7 to October 12
8/14 - September 2 to September 30
8/15 - August 28 to September 1 & VIN Assigned (Fremont!)
8/16 - Vehicle departed factory for delivery
8/18 - Delivery Date Scheduled

Interesting; I received my VIN same day as you (or literally maybe 8/14 the night before, idk) and I have not gotten that email (hope I don’t). I wonder if Austin cars are getting this promo code?

Thoughts Austin VIN people?
Austin build VIN’ed 8/15 but no coupon. The SA at my pickup dealership says I should be getting a mobile charger but we will see…

What has everyone's experience been once they get a VIN? Right now I am impatiently waiting for the ability to schedule my pickup. I have a date range of next week and it says "check back later" to schedule pickup.
The Tesla App gave me a range of dates and times to schedule pick-up.

If you are not seeing the same, I suggest you follow Tesla's advice and check back in a day or two.