Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How soon did everyone get their dates after they ordered? I ordered on 10/23, and immediately afterwards it said April, but recently changed to May. As far as I know my profile is complete, I'm at the spot where you're asked to upload a copy of your insurance.
Upload your existing insurance just for the sake of finish the whole process. You can always update your insurance when you get a VIN.

Reactions: MrJeep997
You're saying I should upload a copy of my existing insurance for my current non-tesla vehicle?
It can't hurt, but whether or not that's all you'll need depends on the state. Some require insurance for the specific VIN prior to delivery, others you can add the new car post delivery.

I didn't upload my CA insurance until after I got a VIN and delivery window. In fact, I'd already made my final payment as well. At least one data point that not uploading insurance doesn't affect delivery scheduling.

Alright, I uploaded my current insurance policy just to make the step go away. Now to find a good rate for new york. I'm with state farm, but progressive looks like they might be better.
It's a really screwed up system. I was like: "I can't upload a VIN specific policy without a VIN you morons." But then a few days later on a whim I just put my Jeep's card in there and it seemed to move along my order.
It's like it's gamified.
I'm pretty sure you could upload a pic of your grandma and it would move you along.
Now I got a vin and went back and changed it.

Reactions: Apathy
It's a really screwed up system. I was like: "I can't upload a VIN specific policy without a VIN you morons." But then a few days later on a whim I just put my Jeep's card in there and it seemed to move along my order.
It's like it's gamified.
I'm pretty sure you could upload a pic of your grandma and it would move you along.
Now I got a vin and went back and changed it.
Gib me muh car.

My EDD switched to TBD yesterday and then just dropped down to Feb 8 - Mar 8. This is an April order but I only completed my profile a couple of weeks back. More details in my signature. I'll be happy with any date in 2022 (delayed my order for the potential for tax credits)

Interesting, I don’t see your signature. Seems mine only shows up for me when I post from my desktop. On my iPhone atm.
I think on mobile browsers, if you view the page in landscape view, the signatures show up. I'll include mine below to save you the hassle:

MYLR Blue/White, 19" wheels, No tow, No FSD
OD: 04/22, Profile complete: 10/23
Original EDD (as of 10/25) : March 7 - April 4 | (10/27) Feb 22 - Mar 22 | (11/06) Feb 08 - Mar 08

I think on mobile browsers, if you view the page in landscape view, the signatures show up. I'll include mine below to save you the hassle:

MYLR Blue/White, 19" wheels, No tow, No FSD
OD: 04/22, Profile complete: 10/23
Original EDD (as of 10/25) : March 7 - April 4 | (10/27) Feb 22 - Mar 22 | (11/06) Feb 08 - Mar 08
You're right about landscape for signatures. Doesn't show up otherwise in chrome on my Android.

My EDD updated this morning.
Model Y, LR, red with white interior, no other options (no performance, no FSD, no wheel upgrade)
Order date was 10/17
original EDD March 14-April 11 2022, just changed to Nov 4-8 2021. VIN was assigned, all paperwork finalized, etc.
And closing this out, the car was delivered to our driveway this afternoon (Nov 7). Exactly 3 weeks from order to delivery, no idea why this went so quickly except maybe they are backed up on delivery trucks and are prioritizing Bay Area customers they can drive to from the factory. Although I asked the delivery driver and he said my car was trucked from Fremont to Colma, then driven from Colma to my house. I’m about midway between those two towns, so the car did 3/4 of a loop to reach me.

Reactions: LVMY2022
Just FYI, but Tesla lists about a dozen states on the proof of insurance section that are excluded from the requirement to list a Tesla VIN. If you live in one of those states, like me, then feel free to upload your current vehicle's insurance. Hell, it'll probably work with any state.. I suspect they verify all the info before you drive away.

Just FYI, but Tesla lists about a dozen states on the proof of insurance section that are excluded from the requirement to list a Tesla VIN. If you live in one of those states, like me, then feel free to upload your current vehicle's insurance. Hell, it'll probably work with any state.. I suspect they verify all the info before you drive away.
NC isn't excluded from the requirement but I uploaded my existing insurance anyways just to avoid any issues with my order. I currently have a checkbox for the "Insurance" section. I can update that later once I get a VIN. Given how hard it is to get a human to interact with when it comes to Tesla, I highly doubt their crack team of customer service agents are scouring order profiles to find folks who uploaded the wrong insurance cards :D

Reactions: NovaTech