Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am beginning to somewhat think the May-June timeline people are getting is another somewhat placeholder seeing how we have people who have ordered in December-January getting similar timeframes. Unless Tesla expects to be able to churn out a crap ton of Y's soon, seems odd to be able to clear the current backlog by June when they are still fulfilling August/September orders.
None of this makes any sense. My OD is 10/25, in other words LATE October and my EDD is earlier than most and never moves.

I am beginning to somewhat think the May-June timeline people are getting is another somewhat placeholder seeing how we have people who have ordered in December-January getting similar timeframes. Unless Tesla expects to be able to churn out a crap ton of Y's soon, seems odd to be able to clear the current backlog by June when they are still fulfilling August/September orders.
My profile complete is 11/1 with an April 2-30 EDD so would expect Dec to start early May and Jan starting around June. So may be correct

None of this makes any sense. My OD is 10/25, in other words LATE October and my EDD is earlier than most and never moves.

My profile complete is 11/1 with an April 2-30 EDD so would expect Dec to start early May and Jan starting around June. So may be correct

My OD was October 26th with profile complete the same day with an May 10-June 7th EDD. Seeing December-January OD's get similar EDD's is just odd to me. Original EDD with February-March before moving to September purgatory in Late November-early December. Got the May-June EDD last week.

My OD was October 26th with profile complete the same day with an May 10-June 7th EDD. Seeing December-January OD's get similar EDD's is just odd to me. Original EDD with February-March before moving to September purgatory in Late November-early December. Got the May-June EDD last week.
What is your Config and Destination? If you have something like a 7 seater, or delivered to a smaller SC, that may account for the month or so delay from other October orders. Seems they don't ship to a SC until the carrier is full, so if one gets less orders, this could account for a move up or delay in an order.

Just got bumped into the 2nd quarter - 6 April to 4 May. Was really hopeful with that narrow window I had for a little while (29 March - 31 March). Does give me a little bit more time to get our 2nd car sold or traded in, but was really hoping it would be here in March (more time for using the car for yard work tool hauling and stuff)...

Really seems like my EDD is bouncing all over the place (everything has been complete, which makes things a bit more annoying, too.)

Last edited:
What is your Config and Destination? If you have something like a 7 seater, or delivered to a smaller SC, that may account for the month or so delay from other October orders. Seems they don't ship to a SC until the carrier is full, so if one gets less orders, this could account for a move up or delay in an order.

Base Config white exterior, black interior, Gemini's, 5 seater. Going to DC area so should be plenty of transports going there.

Ya, doesnt make sense, unless there was a problem with your profile that pushed you out some. Mine, I didn't know that adding payment made Profile complete and has caused a 2 month delay in delivery.

Profile complete was same day as order due to my experience in ordering my Model 3. Set to cash, delivery location, registration, insurance uploaded, etc. Of course the insurance thing has since been negated with the change of uploading it is now through the app and can't be done until VIN assignment.

My edd was 1/21. Ordered October 18th.
Now my edd got pushed to 2/13-3/3. I talked to the sales agent and they said they are experiencing supply issues with the 19inch wheels and that is why it is being delayed.

Ya, doesnt make sense, unless there was a problem with your profile that pushed you out some. Mine, I didn't know that adding payment made Profile complete and has caused a 2 month delay in delivery.
The way the ordering website works (marks an order complete) is so annoying. Almost seems by design to discourage new customers - you know it only if you have ordered a Tesla before or have been on these forums

It has been quite the roller coaster with my order lol
Model Y LR | Ext White | Int Black | Seats 7 | Wheels 19" | Tow No | FSD No

OD : Oct 25/2021
Original EDD: May 2022

EDD updates:
Nov 14/2021: June 2022
Dec 8/2021: Mar 4 - April 1
Jan 11/2022: June 2022
Jan 14/2022: Mar 11-31
Jan 22/2022: Mar 25-31
Jan 29/2022: April 8 - May 6

I just wanted to add my details to the thread from Long Island, NY.

I ordered a Model Y Long Range on Oct 2rd, 2021. And like most of you, the delivery dates have been moving back and forth.

Estimated Delivery Dates in 2022.
  • Mar 16 - Apr 13
  • Feb 23 - Mar 23
  • Feb 11 - Mar 11
  • Mar 9 - Apr 6
  • Feb 8 - Mar 8
  • Mar 2 - Mar 30
  • September 2022! My guess is the loan expired, and the profile was not in a completed state.
  • Feb 23 - Mar 23 - After completing the profile.
I hope it the EDD sticks to the range because I have an Audi lease expiring in the middle of March 2022. Good luck to all!

I just wanted to add my details to the thread from Long Island, NY.

I ordered a Model Y Long Range on Oct 2rd, 2021. And like most of you, the delivery dates have been moving back and forth.

Estimated Delivery Dates in 2022.
  • Mar 16 - Apr 13
  • Feb 23 - Mar 23
  • Feb 11 - Mar 11
  • Mar 9 - Apr 6
  • Feb 8 - Mar 8
  • Mar 2 - Mar 30
  • September 2022! My guess is the loan expired, and the profile was not in a completed state.
  • Feb 23 - Mar 23 - After completing the profile.
I hope it the EDD sticks to the range because I have an Audi lease expiring in the middle of March 2022. Good luck to all!
You and I have the same order date!!!

My dates have been rock solid at 2/24-3/24 so glad to see you are in line with me now as it looks like that will be accurate. Hopefully your dates stop jumping around now. Will be interesting as we get closer to our dates how our windows change.

See you on the road in March!!!!

Reactions: LodiEVFan
You and I have the same order date!!!

My dates have been rock solid at 2/24-3/24 so glad to see you are in line with me now as it looks like that will be accurate. Hopefully your dates stop jumping around now. Will be interesting as we get closer to our dates how our windows change.

See you on the road in March!!!!
That's good to know! Yes, I hope so too. I did call one of the SA and they also felt that the window should stick this time.

See you on the road, indeed!
Cheers!