Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Still holding on tightly to my EDD and two week window. Trying so hard not to let it slip through my fingers. How are the other Mt. Kisco delivery folks hanging in there?
No updates here, but I’m due for one within the next day or so. Hoping for a VIN update or date pulling in, but I probably shouldn’t be so optimistic.

Reactions: aguzzi17
they could have produced MYP and MYLR at Austin. Get caught up with demand, keep producing cells for future when they want to introduce new vehicle for more revenue stream ( after they have clear some backlog). or they could have started production of CT with millions of 4680 on hand.

The whole point is, it does not make sense to introduce a new model ( which is not being delivered to public) and use a whole new facility for that. Giga Texas can be utilized to produce more model Ys ( or what ever model they want to produce with 2170).

i am a fan of tesla as well. But new Model variant cant be justified with existing model variants are experiencing HUGE BACKLOG. you have to pay little attention to customer service as well.
Until Tesla finds out that delay on LR drives more and more people to P, same ouput even better margin...
I’m sorry, It’s all so frustrating! I think we all just want our MY’s and when there’s no explanation of what’s happening it makes it worse.
Again, just my speculation, MYP is prioritized over LR since MYP wait time is almost still the same (or even shorter?) while LR extended from 8 months to 12 months

Reactions: Goleta
For me, it's not about the wait, it's much more about time & the timing. Am sure it's worth the wait, but missing out summer... ugh... it's like losing a year, after all we only have one summer per year.
I waited and ordered in October so that I would specifically take delivery right after winter. I never wanted to take a car heading into winter. Tesla has a different plan for me lol.

We honestly don’t know if they are really making a new model; the one that popped up could have been a limited run for sale to employees to test the 4680 cells in an environment that could be monitored constantly. There were hundreds of MYs at GigaTexas but where are they now?

I find it hard to believe that suddenly a MYSR will be made at the new facility when there are obviously 100s of thousands of MYLR backordered and delayed. I don’t think Tesla is leaning into the idea that they will convert MYLR orders over to MYSR for the sake of making a model so unsensible comparatively.

hopefully they don’t prove me wrong later this week lol

I would just like to say Communication Is Key!
I know Tesla is a Billon Dollar company but if you kept your customers informed about what’s happening; part shortages, labor issues, transportation issues, etc, it would make us feel more at ease about waiting 8+ months for a car. Instead of changing our EDD every month and not knowing why, it’s painful!

Do I dare ask about your “test drive in DC?” I hate driving in DC, yet test driving a Tesla… Just thinking about it raises my blood pressure 🤨
I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I can say I had a blast test-driving the Model S P85 in DC back in 2013, especially on the Whitehurst Freeway. :cool:
Hope you get your 2-week window in 2 weeks time 🤗
Out of curiosity, how long ago did your window shrink to 2 weeks? And was it a 4-week window prior to that?

I would just like to say Communication Is Key!
I know Tesla is a Billon Dollar company but if you kept your customers informed about what’s happening; part shortages, labor issues, transportation issues, etc, it would make us feel more at ease about waiting 8+ months for a car. Instead of changing our EDD every month and not knowing why, it’s painful!

I ordered a BMW Mini-E a couple of months ago. I put down $500, and was told to expect a 4 - 6 month wait. That the next communication would be when Mini notified the dealership that the car was on the transport ship. NO other updates would be given. If the initial estimate was wrong, I would now because the date passed.

No other estimates. No communications about supply line problems. Certainly not a word about manufacturing or labor issues or transportation issues.

I subsequently changed my mind about the car and canceled. My reservation money should have been refunded automatically but was not. I politely reminded my SA contact at the local dealership twice over the ensuing two months of the matter and was told each time it would be handled but it was not. In the end I had to involve the credit card company to get the money back.

---
Tesla tries to give updated estimates of delivery, and arguably fails. Other companies do not even try. That is the REAL world of 2021-22, and the other companies are not completely revamping their core production processes concurrently.

Last edited:
I ordered a BMW Mini-E a couple of months ago. I put down $500, and was told to expect a 4 - 6 month wait. That the next communication would be when Mini notified the dealership that the car was on the transport ship. NO other updates would be given. If the initial estimate was wrong, I would now because the date passed.

No other estimates. No communications about supply line problems. Certainly not a word about manufacturing or labor issues or transportation issues.

I subsequently changed my mind about the car and canceled. My reservation money should have been refunded automatically but was not. I politely reminded my SA contact at the local dealership twice over the ensuing two months of the matter and was told each time it would be handled but it was not. In the end I had to involve the credit card company to get the money back.

---
Tesla tries to give updated estimates of delivery, and arguably fails. Other companies do not even try. That is the REAL world of 2021-22, and the other companies are not completely revamping their core production processes concurrently.
I have owned 5 Mini Coopers over the past 16 years. I currently do not have one but my dogs name is Cooper! Alls I can say is wow their customer service seems to be slipping. They used to have a feature in the OL where you could see the process of your MINI being built. Once a VIN was assigned, you could look up what carrier ship it was on and track it across the ocean.

I guess I’m old school and just appreciate good or great customer service. Which I guess in todays society is a thing of the past.

We honestly don’t know if they are really making a new model; the one that popped up could have been a limited run for sale to employees to test the 4680 cells in an environment that could be monitored constantly. There were hundreds of MYs at GigaTexas but where are they now?

I find it hard to believe that suddenly a MYSR will be made at the new facility when there are obviously 100s of thousands of MYLR backordered and delayed. I don’t think Tesla is leaning into the idea that they will convert MYLR orders over to MYSR for the sake of making a model so unsensible comparatively.

hopefully they don’t prove me wrong later this week lol
Or hertz just jumped the line on us and that’s what’s parked in Texas.

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but I can say I had a blast test-driving the Model S P85 in DC back in 2013, especially on the Whitehurst Freeway. :cool:

Out of curiosity, how long ago did your window shrink to 2 weeks? And was it a 4-week window prior to that?
Whitehurst is short but it reminds me of a section of Monaco Grand Prix. The concrete barriers on the sides and the slight right curve.

My test drive was in Tyson’s. I got on Route 267 West for a good stretch and circled back to Route 7 East.

On April 13th it changed from April 28 - May 26 to May 3 - May 18.

Cheers

• Informative
Reactions: paulkva
With the latest software version where few of the things are back (don’t own a Tesla yet so hard to speak specifics) based on customer’s feedback so that means that the company does listen to the feedback and knows what customers are liking and what not. That makes me think then Tesla also knows that people have been waiting for their cars for 5-6 months (some of you more, it’s just an example), but does not seem like they are doing their best.

Maybe one of us tweet Elon musk about the wait times and TMC community will retweet that post. One way our voices can be heard I guess.

Reactions: CraigZips