Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hahahaha.. not going to affect your EDD at all. But potentially it could affect the health of the company you are relying on for your seven years of powertrain warranty when you finally get the car. And can’t help their huge need to focus on and improve their service. Twitter isn’t profitable, is unlikely to become so, has no rational way of turning serious revenue, on net is a negative for humankind and will remain so. It’s not a business decision. He just blew a ton of money on a personal twitter habit he tries to rationalize as important for humanity. Bunch of doge tweets, battle of wits between the unarmed, slogans, bots....

On the positive side, my late October-order EDD window, which had been almost exactly what yours is now, finally narrowed to two weeks. Yours is gonna happen any minute, followed soon by a VIN.
Only a matter of time before all service requests will need to be 140 characters or less 😂

Glad to see all this movement with VINs. Looks like a lot of the earlier to mid-Oct orders are starting to see narrowing windows and/or VINs. Looks like my end Oct profile-complete order may be 3 - 6 weeks out if nothing catastrophic happens. Also, I don't understand some of y'all changing orders at the last moment. I'd be terrified that I'd screw something up because my VIN was about to be released and the change would just push me back further!

Question? When you call the local Tesla store phone number. Does it automatically transfer you to a random customer service location? It seems when I call the local number. I get transferred. I just asked a question about delivery and pick up at a store. The Customer service rep said let me look. Like he wasn’t at that location.
I think it routes you elsewhere if nobody pucks up at the location.

Reactions: Jones1
Only a matter of time before all service requests will need to be 140 characters or less 😂

Glad to see all this movement with VINs. Looks like a lot of the earlier to mid-Oct orders are starting to see narrowing windows and/or VINs. Looks like my end Oct profile-complete order may be 3 - 6 weeks out if nothing catastrophic happens. Also, I don't understand some of y'all changing orders at the last moment. I'd be terrified that I'd screw something up because my VIN was about to be released and the change would just push me back further!
My OD was October 10 for a YLR. Orig EDD was April 2022. A few weeks ago it changed to Sept-Oct 2022.

I didn't realize that not inputting the financing could mark it as incomplete. Figured I should wait until close to delivery before applying since an approval is only good for so long.

Changed it to cash and a MPY on Saturday. No update on EDD yet, but now I'm worrying. Haha.

Reactions: carpendj and Jones1
My OD was October 10 for a YLR. Orig EDD was April 2022. A few weeks ago it changed to Sept-Oct 2022.

I didn't realize that not inputting the financing could mark it as incomplete. Figured I should wait until close to delivery before applying since an approval is only good for so long.

Changed it to cash and a MPY on Saturday. No update on EDD yet, but now I'm worrying. Haha.
It will probably update for you in a few days. Probably by Wednesday or Thursday.

Reactions: Winning Guy
It may vary by state but my SA said the VIN needed to be on proof of insurance and the expiration date had to show coverage at least a few weeks after delivery. I’m in Georgia, btw.
Here in CT you need a VIN to get insurance. I'm waiting for my insurance co to send me the card, but I had just added my son, who got his DL Saturday, to the policy, and I have to wait a day or two before that's squared away, then she will add the Tesla. I'm having the policy start on the first possible day for my pickup, because she needed a date.

So, adding a 16-year old male to my policy, and a Tesla, by far the most expensive car I have ever bought, at about the same time is going to crush me on payments. Oh well.