Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats to all who received their recent VINs. My OD was Oct 18, 2021...Model Y LR /blue / tow. I have had only a few EDD changes...currently June 3-July 8, 2022. Like many in this blog, I have been without a car for several months, sharing My wife's 2010 Prius (which I must say is surprisingly agile, comfortable and very reliable after 97 k miles). Getting to the point: I decided to purchase the 2022.5 Volvo XC60 Recharge T8 (455 hp) which has been terrific...achieving 45 miles of pure electric range which means virtually 100% of my commute being electric. So, what to do with my Tesla order. The simplest/most practical choice is to cancel the order and move on. What other options would the sage members of this forum consider :rolleyes:. Cheers!

@Pantha how has your experience with Carrier Direct been so far? You’re slightly ahead of me so I’ll be curious to follow! Accepted the email terms and now my delivery date is scheduled for the 11th at my address, but it sounds like that’s when they expect to be able to schedule the carrier? Did you get that “delivery date”?

Congrats to all who received their recent VINs. My OD was Oct 18, 2021...Model Y LR /blue / tow. I have had only a few EDD changes...currently June 3-July 8, 2022. Like many in this blog, I have been without a car for several months, sharing My wife's 2010 Prius (which I must say is surprisingly agile, comfortable and very reliable after 97 k miles). Getting to the point: I decided to purchase the 2022.5 Volvo XC60 Recharge T8 (455 hp) which has been terrific...achieving 45 miles of pure electric range which means virtually 100% of my commute being electric. So, what to do with my Tesla order. The simplest/most practical choice is to cancel the order and move on. What other options would the sage members of this forum consider :rolleyes:. Cheers!
Sell it and enjoy 8K cash in hand

G uh
go through with the purchase, flip it, make $6k and push that into your Volvo loan.

just cancel it and move on. Please save time and money for another potential buyer instead of you making a couple grand after selling it and paying taxes. Waste of energy and potential stress for little reward.

Move on is what I will do. Too much hassle to flip.
See any worth relatives want one, maybe.

Reactions: kylegbraund
Since I see people here talking about their EDD shifting X amount of times and panicking when it gets pushed back, I thought I'd share all of my EDD changes I've tracked since I ordered back in October:

Excellent ! lol

I typically see that the initial estimate ends up being reasonably close to final delivery. The drama in between is a side show.

When you get your Tesla. Sell the Volvo above the price you paid for it. . 🤑🤑🤑

So I see a vin on my app. I haven’t gotten any text. I’ve completed all tasks except payment. What happens next
Congratulations! You will be contacted by your SA or someone at the delivery location to set up a tentative delivery appointment when the vehicle's arrival date is confirmed. This may take a few days depending on how far you are from the factory. If you are getting financing from a third party, just call and let them know you are doing so and that you'll bring the check or have it mailed to them. Enjoy you new ride!

Reactions: Tezla.
@Pantha how has your experience with Carrier Direct been so far? You’re slightly ahead of me so I’ll be curious to follow! Accepted the email terms and now my delivery date is scheduled for the 11th at my address, but it sounds like that’s when they expect to be able to schedule the carrier? Did you get that “delivery date”?
They will Fed Ex you a packet that you need to fill out and mail back to them. Basically all the paperwork that you would fill out as if you picked up the vehicle in person. When they receive the paperwork, then they will schedule delivery. So they told me today I need Insurance and payment completed prior to scheduling delivery. I should receive the paperwork tomorrow.

• Informative
Reactions: cons220
Excellent ! lol

I typically see that the initial estimate ends up being reasonably close to final delivery. The drama in between is a side show.
Yes it's hilarious, my original EDD from October order was April, got a call today saying it's available for pick up tomorrow (Tuesday). Even booked me an uber to the Delivery Appointment which was nice. Not far off the original EDD considering it was at August~October until the end of last week!

I've seen a lot of MSM builds with order dates after me getting VIN's.

Curious if my tow is the cause for the delay.

Anyone have any thoughts? Just trying to read the tea leaves the best I can.
I have noticed the same with white over the past few days and was thinking the same. Exact build as mine with exception of no tow ordered after me but getting VIN before me. One such example is likely being picked up from the same SC as me which makes it all the more frustrating as you can't point to it being related to different region delivery timing.

Reactions: PeteOC and Kubelfan
They will Fed Ex you a packet that you need to fill out and mail back to them. Basically all the paperwork that you would fill out as if you picked up the vehicle in person. When they receive the paperwork, then they will schedule delivery. So they told me today I need Insurance and payment completed prior to scheduling delivery. I should receive the paperwork tomorrow.
Interesting - did they send you the packet after you confirmed switching to Carrier Direct, or after they received the car? I presume the packet is overnight shipping both ways?