Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing is set on stone until your car actually arrives at the Service Center and is inspected. The appointment is tentative. But once the car is on site, they usually only give you 3 days to pick up. If you are unavailable during the whole week or two around that time, you may need to let them know and they will probably let the VIN go and assign you another VIN some other time. You wont be going to the back of the line if this is your first time rejecting a VIN. You can also have someone else pick up the car for you or have it delivered at your home without you being there (if you are comfortable with that).

Talk to your SA or someone at the delivery location and confirm everything from the 3 day pick up window to the consequences of not being able to pick up the car. Tesla's policy changes all the time.
Thank you so much for the info. unfortunately i never had an SA or anyone and also no email from Tesla on the VIN allocation and all. just saw the App this morning and see it was assigned.

On payment front, I was just told by Tesla they do not accept payment on this site (Austin), I need mail cashier's check to Fremont. In this case I guess I will have to pay before delivery date, I intend to give them my bank account information. Will that be wire transfer or ACH? anybody knows?

Have to say now I realize having a dealer does have benefit.

On payment front, I was just told by Tesla they do not accept payment on this site (Austin), I need mail cashier's check to Fremont. In this case I guess I will have to pay before delivery date, I intend to give them my bank account information. Will that be wire transfer or ACH? anybody knows?

When I paid thru the Tesla app, I manually entered my bank information (routing number, checking acct #). That's usually an ACH transfer and takes a few days to go thru.

A wire transfer, is usually same day but usually costs extra money.

Can you clarify this a little more?

The website doesn't have an option for paying via ACH? Or the site you are picking the car up from doesn't accept payment? That I would believe with Texas dealer laws.

I was under the impression that you could do the down payment (if financing) on the website via ACH (even in Texas) and then be sent paperwork after that to sign for the loan.

So my EDD is currently 5/4-6/1. Obviously only a day away from my month range. Has anyone else gotten this close to a month range EDD without a change? I have low expectations but should I expect an update today?
I just hit may EDD range today (5/3 - 5/31) and no change. I'll let you know when something changes.