Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October 2021 Order Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
EDD currently at May 20-26. VIN assigned. Still waiting on contact from Tesla to schedule delivery date. Anyone been 3 days out from potential delivery date and still no contact about scheduling delivery?
I have been in the 4 day window ever since May 8th and each day the 4-day window just shifts to the left a day. I called them for an update as to what is happening and they just say "We will reach out to you as soon as your car is ready" which basically means they have no idea. They did confirm my car is at the holding lot so I might just swing by and find my VIN and see what the heck is up myself, my guess is it got damaged in transit and they had to order a new part last minute and arent telling me that.

I have been in the 4 day window ever since May 8th and each day the 4-day window just shifts to the left a day. I called them for an update as to what is happening and they just say "We will reach out to you as soon as your car is ready" which basically means they have no idea. They did confirm my car is at the holding lot so I might just swing by and find my VIN and see what the heck is up myself, my guess is it got damaged in transit and they had to order a new part last minute and arent telling me that.
Given the timing there is a pretty good chance that your car is missing parts concerning the charge port. My delivery window has been doing the same thing and the delivery center has no idea when the required parts will arrive.

Reactions: whodeewuhdee
Is anyone able to speak the the reliability of a source code VIN? I have an EDD of 30 May - 03 June and wondering if I should work on getting insurance with that VIN or wait out? I dont know how long it'll take to get the insurance slips in the mail to scan and add for pickup. Thanks!
I think you can wait for confirmation from your SA first. In the mean time, you can use your VIN to get some insurance quote.

My insurance agent can provide the temporary insurance to me within 30 mins.

Reactions: StTT
Got a VIN this morning when checking the App. No text or email yet. OD 10/05/2021. VIN 451xxx. EDD changed this morning from 5/16-29 to 5/20-24. Blue/Blk, Gemini, Tow, No FSD. Hoping to hear about appointment options soon.
Congratulations! I have the exact same configuration, same delivery location. I can’t bemoan your good fortune as I ordered mine a couple weeks after you. Not that order timing ever made a difference in delivery dates. :)

My vin was assigned with may 9-13 delivery. Then it went to may 2nd to 9. And crept a day later every day since. I called on the 13 and asked what is happening. Agent told me the car has been at the Tesla dealer for 2 weeks. They are waiting to put some software update. He then called the dealer people and got me a confirmed pickup date of fri 20th. It’s now all set! He said NJ got a large influx of cars past couple weeks and they have to manually install this software update. So they are behind. For any other NJ people call them and ask them about it. I think if I didn’t call they would of just kept me waiting

Congratulations! I have the exact same configuration, same delivery location. I can’t bemoan your good fortune as I ordered mine a couple weeks after you. Not that order timing ever made a difference in delivery dates. :)
Thanks. We now have an appointment for Sunday, 5/22. Fingers and toes crossed! Good luck with your arrival.

VIN F450xxx assigned today! Text from SA this morning with updated EDD of 5/31 - 6/4. Time to start clearing space in garage.
MYLR5, White/Black, 19", +Tow, no FSD. OD 10/9/21. Mpls, MN area.
This is exciting! Congratulation! Finally we are seeing base model Y coming. Mine is identical to yours. OD 10/5. My latest EDD is 5/20 to 5/31. Hope I am as lucky as you.