Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Octopus Energy referral code please

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Although Octopus offers excellent value for us EV drivers with their off-peak electricity rates, there are cheaper gas suppliers.
Going for a dual fuel deal isn't necessarily the cheapest. Since Octopus do not charge exit fees it may be worth considering changing your gas supplier. Determine your annual gas consumption and check out who offers the best deal by using a comparison site.
I went to SO Energy for my gas which came in as the cheapest for me after a £40 referral was applied.

Re Gas, I saw some one say this earlier and I did a bit of a hunt. I found a provider (Gulf) that was marginally cheaper however they didn't support smart meters and I just couldn't be asked to go outside and give meter readings. I was able to actually get Octopus to move me onto their latest rate plan which was actually cheaper than the one I was already on with them. I'm paying 17.85p standing charge and 2.37p per kWh which is pretty damn competitive from what I've seen on the market (certainly amongst smart meter compatible providers).

If I am paying a tiny bit more, I see it as worthwhile to be able to leverage their API to pull out my consumption programmatically.

I see it as worthwhile to be able to leverage their API to pull out my consumption programmatically.

Octopus have broken my 30 minute gas readings - all I have for gas now is approx 20-30 day single readings and no API access. Probably because I complained that my graphs (and API) were in m3 and the labels were in kWh - guess they decided that no graph was better than a wrong graph.

Currently with the 'metering team' to 'look into further'.

Octopus have broken my 30 minute gas readings - all I have for gas now is approx 20-30 day single readings and no API access. Probably because I complained that my graphs (and API) were in m3 and the labels were in kWh - guess they decided that no graph was better than a wrong graph.

Currently with the 'metering team' to 'look into further'.

Fortunately nothing to do with the graph bug, they’ve known about that one for sometime now.

I had the same issue with the gas readings losing their smart data, it was quickly fixed though so I’m sure they will sort you out.

Best contact point for anything that needs fixing on the smart side of things is [email protected], it gets you straight to the smart team.

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger
No need for a referral code to get the £50 with the right banner ad!

upload_2020-5-4_20-32-43.png

No need for a referral code to get the £50 with the right banner ad!

Saves Octopus paying out £50 to the referring person but still offers the incentive to new customers. Makes sense for them but unfortunately if people take that route they are denying many lovely and helpful people on this forum the opportunity to earn a crust!